re doing system subs... need some help plz.

xplicit
10+ year member

i got my first system a month ago... a kenwood kac-729s 600 watt amp running two ten inch mtx thunder4000's... well i was at the audio shop today and saw the alpine Type-E's... my question is... will my 600 watt amp run two ten inch alpine type-E's and will they hit alot deeper than my mtx thunder4000's? i need help quick cuz i might buy them tomarrow, thanks alot

do NOT get alpine type-Es....terrible subs IMO....you wont even notice a difference between those and the 4000s...in fact i bet the 4000s are better.

how many watts RMS is your amp? is it 600w RMS or max?

-nate

Originally posted by nswartley do NOT get alpine type-Es....terrible subs IMO....you wont even notice a difference between those and the 4000s...in fact i bet the 4000s are better.

how many watts RMS is your amp? is it 600w RMS or max?

-nate
I have the 4000's and my friends got the type-e's. We both have trucks, so they are in truck boxes, mine getting about 125 a piece and his running off a 600.1 (well, they were until he fried the amp and the subs, i told him to turn the gains down, but what do i know?). Anyways, both him and me agreed that mine were better sounding. Although i think the type-e's may get down a little deeper. I don't think you'll notice a difference though.

im not on a huge budget, but i want better subs than my two ten inch mtx 4000's.... but at the same time, something that a 600 watt amp can handle. what kind of subs do you guys reccomend

Originally posted by xplicit im not on a huge budget, but i want better subs than my two ten inch mtx 4000's.... but at the same time, something that a 600 watt amp can handle. what kind of subs do you guys reccomend
what is your model # on the amp? we need to know if its the RMS or MAX that is 600...

-nate

the amp if have is a kenwood KAC-729S 600 watt/bridgeable... again... running two ten inch mtx thunder4000's.... i want somethin that will give me some deeper louder bass, but then again, not TOOO expensive(lol)... anyways.. i saw some ten inch polk audio's today.. i wonder if them will give me some improvement.... just an opinion... but share your knowlege,, i appreiciate it dude..

i would maybe get the type r's.... but i was told my kenwood 600 watt amp would only handle one ten inch alpine type R... and i need two ten inch subs... that would fit my amp the best, to get the lowest loudest bass i can get outa it,...

look at a pair of alpine type-s 12s...best subs out there for the price and they will get pretty loud with that much wattage...they can take about 300wattsRMS...check for them on ebay (about 70 bucks a piece). good luck.

-nate

Originally posted by xplicit i would maybe get the type r's.... but i was told my kenwood 600 watt amp would only handle one ten inch alpine type R... and i need two ten inch subs... that would fit my amp the best, to get the lowest loudest bass i can get outa it,...
why cant ur 600 watt amp be enough for 2 10's type r's, wouldnt u give 300 watts to each sub with ur amp? the RMS of those subs are 300.

Originally posted by capone28 why cant ur 600 watt amp be enough for 2 10's type r's, wouldnt u give 300 watts to each sub with ur amp? the RMS of those subs are 300.
You could, but you'd have to probably max the amp out to get the subs moving to their full potential. Then you risk frying the amp from clipping. You'd be better off just getting the bigger amp and keeping the gains down. Besides, getting the bigger amp lets you upgrade your subs later.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.