RCA question

Participant count
  • Participant list

mrmagoo_83
10+ year member

Ok I have the Sony CDX-M610 HU. It has three RCA outputs, Front, Rear and Sub. I have one amp hooked up to the Sub output (duh for the subs). Now the question is which do I hook up to for the amp for my mids? I dont want to use one right and the other left cause then the sound would be funny. What about two Y adapters, one for Right and one for Left? Or should I just hook up to the front one and go on?

Thanks

i dont get it??? you have 3 sets of rca's, 2 of them being front and back.... if ur mids are up front, then hook those up to the front set of rcas, one rca going to the right for the right speaker, and the other one going to the left for the left speaker. i dont see how this would sound funny.

Yes I am powering both the Fronts and Rears, but can only use one of these RCA outputs cause I only have one amp. I have a set of 6.5" Components in my doors and then I have two 6x9s behind the seat. The amp I am using for these speakers is only two channels. So I was gonna hook both the right 6x9 and the right 6.5" to the right channel of the amp, and the left speakers to the left channel. But connected this way, if I hook the RCA to the FRONT output, any sounds that should be from behind would be left out (like during a stereo check), if I hooked the amp to the REAR output anything that was meant to be from the front would be left out. So that is why I was going to use Y adapters, but thinking about it now; with a Y adapter both stages would pass in front and in back, so my sound staging would be off. Hmm, now I have no idea what to do. Either way seems to be leaving an area of the spectrum out. It is a single cab truck, should I really worry about sound staging?

I'd run the 6x9's off the hu's rear speaker outputs, and only amp your fronts. If you're concerned with your staging that's how you get a true "stage" effect. You want rear "fill" not a rear stage.

thats definatly better than nothing till you can at least get another amp....or 2 that would solve all your problems....just a suggestion....good luck

ahhh... iget what ur saying now... well... just run the backs off the hu like everyone else said and run ur fronts off the amp. then go out and by a 2 channel amp for u back and ur set.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.