Need Help Deciding on Setup

Participant count
  • Participant list

NYTROOPA
10+ year member

Help

I don't know where i want to go with my systemi have a Pioneer dehp740mp cd/mp3 player in my 2002 Xterra and i don't know where to go next. I want to put in 3 tens but i can't narrow it down.

It's between Fosgate and Pioneer Premier. I kinda want to keep all pioneer or premier but i have a couple of questions

at millionbuy.com I found a Pioneer GM-X562 300 watt 2 channel amp for $100 and i thought about buying 3 to power 3 Pioneer Premier TS-W 1041C (400watts rms 800max SVC) ($89 onlinecarstereo.com)

That setup i would use to keep all pioneer, If i wanted to switch up and use Fosgate i wanted to do this.

Rockford Fosgate Power 1000.1($399 at cbrstereo.com) to push 3 Rockford Fosgate 10 inch RFP3210 (400watts rms 800max DVC)($89 cbrstereo.com)

1. Which is the better setup? The GM series amps seem kinda low quality to me, but I couldn't find a real high power Pioneer amp.

2. Would it be worth it for me to pay $129 to go up to the RFD2210(500watts rms 1000watts max) or the TS-W1041DVC(400watts rms 800max).

Any suggestions to how i should power 3 tens would also help.

The problem with the 3 Pioneer tens is that they are SVC. This will limit your wiring options. I think Pioneer has DVC subs. If so then either the RF or Pioneer subs would be just fine. I don't think you will get a huge improvement by using the RF subs over the Pioneers. However, the RF amps will outdo the GM Pioneer amps by quite a large step. I would either step up to the Pioneer Premier amps if you wante to stay pioneer, or match the RF amps with either sub set up. If you can, go to a local audio shop that carries Pioneer and RF and listen to the products. Good luck - natem33

i don't know about the subs, but i have a question for you. how do you like the pioneer hu that you have. i want to get the same one. is it worth the price. does it display cd text.

Yes it displays text........I love it.........you gotta name the mp3 files if they're not (tag, not the file name) but the sound quality is great and it's pretty easy to use. The liquid display is pretty cool lookin too. Overall I'm very happy.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.