rattle on 1 side..

Participant count
  • Participant list

rusium
10+ year member

i have a 95 civic with some generic honda speakers. on my front left speaker (which appears to have a tweeter too) it rattles like bloody hell when you turn the bass up. its only the left one, the right one sounds goooooooood. so i guess my question is, what can i do fix this, or more specifically what is causing only 1 side to rattle. any help would be appreciated.

possibilities:

1. Speaker screws are loose

2. speaker wire hitting the panel

3. Speaker blown

4. You dropped something in the left side of the door (metal ruler, etc, or someone was trying to jack your car, then dropped it inside and ran for it)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Open screw holes sound like a little muffler, loose box panels sound like a massager on a wooden table.
Example. H.depot or Lowes should have some also? or a hardware store
Thanks all for your responses! In regards to the dB meter suggestions, I ended up using my Blue Yeti microphone which supposedly can handle up to...
Play the system when your muffler is cold and crawl under there and grab shitt until it quits rattling. That is really the only way to fix the...
This will be an interesting issue to find out. Subscribed!! Are you running components? Ive had some caps blow in Passive xovers and a little...

About this thread

rusium

10+ year member
rusium
san francisco, ca
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from