Rattle?

Participant count
  • Participant list
I am using Killmat for sound deading my trunk and it is working fine for me. however my muffler is what is causing most of the rattle now and i really dont know how to fix that. Any suggestions would be helpful. I have a 2019 Kia Optima
Have a muffler shop make sure all the rubber hangers for the exhaust are there and being used. If they are, there should be no rattles.

You can also get a Muffler shop to weld on/Tack on secured hangers fairly cheap. that will also help from the Muffler and piping to be more secure to the structure of the vehicle rather than wobbling around and floating around and last longer than the rubber hangers. I had 4 done on one of my trucks last year. It was like $50 bucks and took them like 1/2 an hour. everything is rigid as can be to date

Is it the heat shield over the muffler that is rattling?
Is it the heat shield over the muffler that is rattling.
yes that and the whole general lower right side of the car by the muffler. it does not do this on the left side. i think taking it to a muffler shop and letting them just look at it and see were they can help is what i am going to do

I used kilmat on the license plate and took off the plastic piece the trunk latch connects to and used kilmat there. i dont have a rattle there just lower right corner under the car by the muffler

Play the system when your muffler is cold and crawl under there and grab shitt until it quits rattling. That is really the only way to fix the problem IMO!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...