Random Box Pics!

Maybe I will just put a build log up. It will be a quick MDF build first, then I will do one with birch depending on how it sounds. Will make the ports adjustable on the first build.

That's a good idea. I had an audio friend build the first series 6th order I ever designed for his HDC310 (iirc) back in the day. I definitely messed up the tuning, and I think he wound up separating his spider or something. Series 6th orders are very rewarding when they're done correctly. They can be an absolute pain in the rear to internally lay everything out without any of the ports or sub(s) hitting each each other. It takes some time to be confident with series 6th orders, that's for sure, and there's so many ways you can do them. You can do small or huge front chambers, all sorts of different port areas and box volumes, depending on your aim with the enclosure. I think people should give a musical series 6th's a chance, because they can be designed for bass heavy music and actually play a decent bandwidth.

That's a good idea. I had an audio friend build the first series 6th order I ever designed for his HDC310 (iirc) back in the day. I definitely messed up the tuning, and I think he wound up separating his spider or something. Series 6th orders are very rewarding when they're done correctly. They can be an absolute pain in the rear to internally lay everything out without any of the ports or sub(s) hitting each each other. It takes some time to be confident with series 6th orders, that's for sure, and there's so many ways you can do them. You can do small or huge front chambers, all sorts of different port areas and box volumes, depending on your aim with the enclosure. I think people should give a musical series 6th's a chance, because they can be designed for bass heavy music and actually play a decent bandwidth.
This one looks good in 1.3 cubes @ 30 HZ and .35 cubes at 58 HZ. Probably keep the port area the same in both chambers if I can make it work. Looks like I will have decent bandwidth from 28-70 hz.

It was playing 20 hz. with authority. He has a shitt ton of cone area and motor force. I'm guessing that he will easily be 165db+.
I’m more wondering how it sounded on music I guess, is it just loud or does it sound good in music when playing loud also? If it plays down to 20 hz I’m guessing it sounds pretty good.

I’m more wondering how it sounded on music I guess, is it just loud or does it sound good in music when playing loud also? If it plays down to 20 hz I’m guessing it sounds pretty good.

Oh we just played the bass in his Tahoe from the amp in my truck. The mids/highs were still playing in my truck. We just ran a positive and negative speaker wire from my truck to his subs. I think it was wired to 1-½ ohms.

A car audio store demo box. It will hold a double din HU, a set of 6-½" components, a set of 6-½" coaxials, 2-10" subs, 2-12" subs, and 1-15" sub. All three sub boxes are tuned to 34 hz.

20211123_233312.jpg
20211123_232558.jpg
20211123_232615.jpg
20211123_222854.jpg

I decided to upgrade the mids/highs in my truck. I'll sell the amp and Infinity Kappa's being removed. Deaf Bonce 6½" Sylvester's and a Crescendo 4 channel. I'm thinking of adding another set of 6-½'s in the rear but they are right next to the sub box. 🤷‍♂️

20211124_184939.jpg
20211124_184953.jpg
20211124_185024.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...