Random Box Pics!

The enclosure for the system in ripping out of my truck now. 4 12" JL Audio W6's sealed. On the amp rack is 4 JL Audio JX1000.1's and 2 JL Audio JX400.4's. The box was designed and upholstered to look like the back seat. When you live in a crappy neighborhood, you do what you have to in order to hide your equipment. I didn't build this, this was done by a local shop. Don't mind the dog hair.... English Mastiff and a Chihuahua lol

Attachments

• IMG_21361.jpg
    IMG_21361.jpg
    479.7 KB · Views: 84
  • 20200526_073825.jpg
    20200526_073825.jpg
    837 KB · Views: 74
  • 20200526_073838.jpg
    20200526_073838.jpg
    727.6 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Kickers will get very very loud. Like the L's, L7's for example, those subs really do get very loud. People just don't understand the type of ported boxes they like. Kicker stuffs their damn L7's in boxes like they don't even know their own woofers. Just trying to sell as much speaker as possible.

Kickers will get very very loud. Like the L's, L7's for example, those subs really do get very loud. People just don't understand the type of ported boxes they like. Kicker stuffs their damn L7's in boxes like they don't even know their own woofers. Just trying to sell as much speaker as possible.
Soo true!

Yeah, that’s why I’ve never been a kicker fan.

I like Kicker. Overall, I think they're alright. I really enjoy designing for L7's and Solo X's. I wish I could get a new Solo X design, the Solo X's are great subs. I really like them.

I mean, the boxes they want aren't overly big for their actual Sd. Their square cones and the increase of Sd over a round woofer of same size is actually significant. So, a 12" L7, for example, might like a 2.25-3 cube net ported box. But that's not overly big, it's just because these subs have such a huge cone area. It's actually fairly proportional. I mean, they are on the bigger box side of woofers, but so are a lot of very good woofers, like Sundown. They need big boxes too, the X's and up, and they work well.

I did 2 L7 15's in 10 cubes, designed the box, built it, installed it, Tahoe or similar. Very very loud. There's another trick to Kickers that I'm not going to give away. Not really a trick, it's just knowing how to design and read woofers. Those 2 15's were stupid loud. Hit immediate mid 140's, maybe high 140's, in a music box, straight out of the gate. Didn't sound the best quality wise, they can sound a little....sloppy? Just inherently they do, it's not the worst by any means. But they do get loud and will play a wide bandwidth.

Usually the Kicker L's excel in 4th orders. Idk how much the L's have changed since I've done a bandpass for them, but I feel like I could make some people mad with a 4th order bandpass L7 box.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...