Random Box Pics!

Can somebody please help me with my wiring? It's a little sloppy right now. 12 - 4K amps for the bass and 2 - 2K amps for the mids/highs.

Screenshot_20210709-231734_Messages.jpg
Screenshot_20210709-231753_Messages.jpg
Screenshot_20210709-231819_Messages.jpg

Last edited:
@Buck, if 8's aren't really subwoofers then what do you think of the 32 - 6-½" build that did 154's with a stock alternator and only 6K?

Why do you insist on fighting or arguing all of the time? Do you have to ruin every thread with trying to argue? I’m proven and continue to prove myself lol. Just keep taking it out of context, just keep being a miserable person lol.

I’ll tell you what: let’s have a detailed discussion about Thiele/Small parameters.

We can discuss: Qts, Qms, Qes, Vas, Fs, Bl, Re, Mms, Mmd, Le, Rms, Cms, Xmax, and how all of those correspond to the physical design of specific sized woofers. We can then discuss how smaller woofers like 6.5’s or 8’s face limitations that you can see in the Theile/Small parameters, but how those limitations might not be relevant to some applications.

Decibels are just a measurement of pressure. I’d need to know more relevant information to see if I was impressed or not.

Frequency and SPL are correlated: lower frequencies are fundamentally harder to reproduce because of the duration of the polarity aka a long wave length. 154 decibels isn’t impressive by itself. A wall of tweeters can play 154 decibels.

Last edited:
It's up to the builder to send me them. I ask, a lot of people don't, but I get feedback. I just don't keep any records of feedback, I probably should lol. I mean I could post up our CNC boxes with color changing LED's, engraved Lexan, intricate window braces, stained boxes, bed liner boxes, etc. There's boxes in my thread, I just design for a lot of individuals, and most people don't send me pics. I've built so many boxes man, it's ridiculous.
Just for the record I have learned more about subs and air flow in 6 months from your thread than I have in 15 years of DIY this hobby.
Like you said you rely on people to send back pics and I myself didn't send any back to you
I did post them in another thread but thats is not what we are talking about.
It's great to see the in workings from different angles to understand the some of the different things that go into the whole equation.
It's also nice to see the finished product, and the build log so you can see how they got there
I'm always looking to see how other guys managed to accomplish things that I was thinking about doing myself
Now, If I could just figure out how to kerf I can die happy

My box builder is so busy man. I call him and he's got the CNC machine running in the background like 24/7 and I'm sure he's got pics he hasn't sent me yet lol.
Does he only do boxes as a whole business? With the amount of local people who want me to build lately, I’ve debated quitting my job and just working out in my shop. I’ve had to say no to numerous builds just because I have a day job and have no time.

Does he only do boxes as a whole business? With the amount of local people who want me to build lately, I’ve debated quitting my job and just working out in my shop. I’ve had to say no to numerous builds just because I have a day job and have no time.

He does a lot of boxes haha. It's hard to explain exactly, but you could say basically. He's got a whole shop, CNC machine, computers, saws, all sorts of bits and roundovers and finishing stuff and screws and bolts and port parts and birch and lexan sheets just ready to go. He buys birch by the suspension-breaking amount lol.

He does a lot of boxes haha. It's hard to explain exactly, but you could say basically. He's got a whole shop, CNC machine, computers, saws, all sorts of bits and roundovers and finishing stuff and screws and bolts and port parts and birch and lexan sheets just ready to go. He buys birch by the suspension-breaking amount lol.
Those CNC machines are awesome. I’ve been drooling over equipment online but have no real reason to buy it, being a cleaning company owner and all. Lol. All of my tools are 20 years old at least. Even if I were only to make enough money to pay back the CNC machine, it would be worth it. I’m going off grid in a few years, so I’m looking for a way to make money online in my shop.

Those CNC machines are awesome. I’ve been drooling over equipment online but have no real reason to buy it, being a cleaning company owner and all. Lol. All of my tools are 20 years old at least. Even if I were only to make enough money to pay back the CNC machine, it would be worth it. I’m going off grid in a few years, so I’m looking for a way to make money online in my shop.

We should do an OnlyFans woodshop class LOL

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...