Random Box Pics!

Nobody takes impedance rise into account. He was rising to 4 ohms so he was probably doing close to the SALT4's rated watts at 4 ohms. Those Smart amps put out power. One guy is clamping over 8,300 watts on a Smart5 wired to .5 ohm.

And that’s exactly why I mentioned not including the smart amps lol. Being able to make full power from 1-2 ohms indeed gives an advantage. Him rising to 4 ohm seems a bit high but this all depends on subs, the box, frequency etc. The biggest issue many don’t realize is when you wire below the rated impedance, many think with rise the amp won’t really see it. The fact is the amp Indeed will every single time the cone returns to its rest point during every single stroke. Overtime some amps will go in protect or even worse fail. Now some can handle this type of abuse but it’s a gamble.

And that’s exactly why I mentioned not including the smart amps lol. Being able to make full power from 1-2 ohms indeed gives an advantage. Him rising to 4 ohm seems a bit high but this all depends on subs, the box, frequency etc. The biggest issue many don’t realize is when you wire below the rated impedance, many think with rise the amp won’t really see it. The fact is the amp Indeed will every single time the cone returns to its rest point during every single stroke. Overtime some amps will go in protect or even worse fail. Now some can handle this type of abuse but it’s a gamble.

That's why the Smart3 or Smart5 sound like a good option. Wired to .5 and rising to two ohms would still give you the rated power.

Screenshot_20220503-001419_Facebook.jpg

I agree. Generally, an amplifier is an amplifier. Hooked up correctly most stuff will sound the same.
I'd spend $ on a better sub and save on the amp.

If any of you guys are ever in Vegas then go to the Las Vegas sign on Friday night at 11 p.m. The bassheads meet there every Friday night. The cops don't care at all. Systems are blasting until about 1 a.m.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...