Rainbow IQ line? Where are the distributors?

thp

Oregon
Hi Guys.

I'm a car audio newb and want to start out small and light.

Rainbow has the IQ line that is a directly drop in replacement for a lot of the euro cars out there.

I'm interested in the Rainbow IQ for an E46 BMW Coupe.

I can't find out where to buy it other then Bavarian Sound Werks... and well, if I don't have to I don't want to buy from them. They've done some pretty shamefull things on e46fanatics that I don't approve of from a Vendor.

I tried premieraudio but he doesn't carry the IQ line.

Anywhere else I can go for a decent deal on these speakers?

Thanks! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Shoot a pm to 6spdcoupe on here and he will get em ordered for you.

Or better yet you can call his shop at 732-572-1969. Unexpected Creations, Edison, NJ.

I dont drive a bimmer but the packages that BSW puts together on e46fanatics are total rape, and I cant believe ignorant people buy em.

I used to own a e46 M3 and frequent e46fanatics a lot...I dont agree with the packages that BSW sells as they overcharge the crap out of it...but they can do what they want...The IQ line is nice for fit and finish, but just does not have the sound you are looking for, for what they cost. If you amped them with seperately from the factory amp, then they bring more life to the speakers but without one, you are S.O.L. Also the factory alpine reciever is specially eq'd so that is also half the reason people are getting sub-par sound from them speakers.

Thanks for the help guys.

KPR10s - Yeah, BSW is just eeeeevil. But they sure know how to make money. There are just to many people with too little patience and too much money to spend.

DejaWiz - Will the SLC series fit just fine? If they are a direct drop in I'll consider them. I don't have any tools to make adapter rings and such. And I only have 2.5" of depth to deal with and I will not cut into my doors.

PremierAudio - How did you like the E46 M3? Do you have a post with all the audio stuff you upgraded in it? So the IQ is pretty much a waste then? I know that the current deck ( don't know if it's alpine or not ) is not EQ'd but the amp itself is EQ'd in the cars with HK. My current plan was to just replace the front speakers ( mids + tweets ) and use the current cheap HK amp for a while. Then I would install a two channel amp ( xtant 1.1i) for just the front speakers and use the old HK amp for the rears. I don't plan on using the rear speakers much. Trying to get the best bang for the buck.

Thanks for all the help/suggestions!

Do you have a coupe or sedan? I did a few installs on some Ci's and completely pulled the rear speakers, used the factory location for the tweeter and midbass (did the cutting of the door by the window track) and had extremely good luck with imaging and projection. I know years 00'-02 had some eq'd recievers, mostly the Harmon/Kardon systems, which then we just used the Rockford three sixty units. A lot of people will tell you that those cars can be a pain to work on, but just be patient and they are very simple.

PM if you need more help!

-Aaron

Premieraudio - I have an 2005 E46 coupe.

Here's my tentative plan.

Speakers - SLC 265 for front woofer + tweeter. Or something really smoother/slightly rolled off... british sound.. or if you can match the ProAc 1SC perfectly.... :p Oh, and cheap like $200 if possible, $300 if I really have too.

Amps - 2 x Xtant 1.1i for left / right front speakers.

I like them because they're small and I can fit them in the existing 6" x 2.5" x 11" or 6" x 2.5" x 9" or 8" x 8" x 5" areas that the cd changers / navigations computer would have gone if I had them.

Total install costs LESS then $1k, so maybe $300 on speakers, $600 on amp, $100 on misc.

I want to fit the amp(s) in the existing areas available in the system for the complete stock/non modified look... and I have no spare wheel area to put the amps in.... nor do I want them there when I'm tracking the car.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.