"Loss" of signal from phone?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Sguirrelfeather

Senior VIP Member
I know this isn't necessarily a problem with the HU, but this section seems to fit the problem best. I have a Pioneer AVH-490BS for a HU. I just recently upgraded my phone. I stream music via bluetooth. On my old phone, I never had a problem. Now, every so often, and seemingly at random, I will lose audio from the HU as if the bluetooth signal stopped. I know it's not a "pause" or buffering because when the audio comes back in three or so seconds, the song is that much farther along, so the music app is still playing.

Phone is a Motorola Zforce2. I have all updates on the phone and the most recent firmware on the HU. I've played songs via USB on a thumb drive, radio, through the phone on USB, etc, and they all work flawlessly. It's only through bluetooth that I have a problem, and only on this phone. Suggestions? Besides chucking the phone of course. lol

I know this isn't necessarily a problem with the HU, but this section seems to fit the problem best. I have a Pioneer AVH-490BS for a HU. I just recently upgraded my phone. I stream music via bluetooth. On my old phone, I never had a problem. Now, every so often, and seemingly at random, I will lose audio from the HU as if the bluetooth signal stopped. I know it's not a "pause" or buffering because when the audio comes back in three or so seconds, the song is that much farther along, so the music app is still playing.
Phone is a Motorola Zforce2. I have all updates on the phone and the most recent firmware on the HU. I've played songs via USB on a thumb drive, radio, through the phone on USB, etc, and they all work flawlessly. It's only through bluetooth that I have a problem, and only on this phone. Suggestions? Besides chucking the phone of course. lol
it probably is the phone tbh. What was the old phone? I ask because the bluetooth stack overflow differs from BT radio to BT radio and the communication could be more solid with your old one. Similar thing happened when android went from kit kat to lollipop when the stack changed so significantly that PS3 controllers would no longer pair for use with emulators. Had to roll the radio firmware back to a previous version for it to work.

I'm sure it's the phone. Old one was a Zforce (prior version of what I have now). Figured I'd maybe try different versions of the firmware to see if that helps. Any other ideas besides that?
do you still have the old phone or a different one you can test out for process of elimination?

some phones just dont like some head units when it comes to bluetooth. I've had a people with older phones not liking the head unit. My old galaxy note 3 had intermittent issues with my 80 prs as well

some phones just dont like some head units when it comes to bluetooth. I've had a people with older phones not liking the head unit. My old galaxy note 3 had intermittent issues with my 80 prs as well
I can back this up, not just older phones though. My iPhone X which has the newest technology when it comes to Bluetooth works flawlessly with my Pioneer AVIC-8200NEX. However, the 2017 Ford Escape I drive around at work it has the same issue of it cutting out and coming back in with the stock radio believe it or not lol gotta love technology.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.