2004 Lexus GS 430 Head Unit?

Participant count
  • Participant list

ribcage22

Hi there,

Im new to the forum, tried searching for threads on lexus 430's but didnt find anything.

Soooo for starters, I have 2004 gs430 with navigation and mark levinson audio. The sub is blown, and i want to replace it. Ive got everything i need except for a HU.

Im finding it difficult to find a HU that fits this model car. Anyone out there have any suggestions? Im on a pretty tight budget, so im unable to bring it into a shop and have a pro knock it out. The main problem is all the controls for the a/c are attached to the navigation screen... and its too old of a car for me to find kits for... pics below

View attachment 26557392

radio.JPG

I was really hoping I could just remove the bottom part where the radio controls are and slip a deck in right there, and keep the navigation screen where it is. Im not sure if thats an option though, it appears to all be connected.

any ideas?

My friend used to have that same car with a full blown system and I remember he kept his navi screen but replaced the bottom part with an aftermarket alpine headunit. I don’t know any other details but you should be able to fit any single din headunit. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^^

thanks for the reply! Thats definetly a start, ill pop it off and see whats behind it.

Anyone have info on a place i could find a wiring harness for this?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.