Quiet sound coming from sub

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have a 2004 Grand Prix GT that I have wired up with 4 gauge for its first system. The setup I have is a Pioneer DEH-P3900MP head unit, a JL 500/1 v2 amp, and a Kicker L5 10 In a sealed box. Once I got everything installed I played music and the sub was just barely moving and I could barely hear it at all. I went through all the settings on the deck and on the amp and I just can't seem to find out the problem. I assume it's just one thing I'm missing that's throwing it off but I can't figure it out. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions please help me out! Thanks

Also I bought the amp used and was shown it working but I've never used it myself so I can't guarantee it doesn't have a problem.. Same with sub.. But I doubt this is the case. Just wanted to throw that out there

The JL Slash amplifiers use a rather complicated crossover section. Id say, u almost need a college degree to dial it in but Id guess a few google searches should get u goin, this is ofcourse if there isnt any internal damage whether it be sub, amp or head unit. Also give ur rca cables a once over if u cant get it worked out elsewhere.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.