0 Gauge wire getting hot

lhsx_hpno

I have a question about 3 batteries installed. Do I need the an additional 300 amp circuit breaker as well as 2 other 300 amp anl fuses for my 3rd battery? I ask this because my 0 gauge wire got hot and melted my plastic cover on the end. I installed a 3rd battery because of new speakers I installed which were 4 audiopipe 10's which are peak 700 watts but 350 rms hooked up to a power acoustik 1600 watt rms amp. I dont want my car to catch fire so I figured I would ask some experts on here. basically should I do the same exact thing as I did when I ran my 2nd battery to the 3rd?

well my total rms from my speakers are 4930, my amps are 3,250 rms

---------- Post added at 09:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------

my batteries are an optima yellow top in the front for my starting and my car audio batteries are a kinetik hc600 and an energie pb1600.

That's quite a bit of power to be asking this. Which amps exactly are you running? Also is your ground running directly to one of the batteries or are you grounded to your frame?

All amps are running separate grounds as well as all batteries have separate grounds. My amps are a power acoustic 1600 watt, diamond d6 1000.2,jbl 300.1, addictive audio 10.4 and autotek mean machine 3200.2

All amps are running separate grounds as well as all batteries have separate grounds. My amps are a power acoustic 1600 watt, diamond d6 1000.2,jbl 300.1, addictive audio 10.4 and autotek mean machine 3200.2
Holy gang of random amps

The wire isn't what's getting hot, it's the loose connection that's getting hot causing your plastic fuse holder to melt due to the aluminum heating up.

Has nothing to do with Cca wire.

You could bring it by me and I could point you in the right direction.

get rid of all that power hoggin, mismatch stuff, just imagine what that looks like.... what the hell do you need all those amps for? just get 2 good amps, if you really need all those ch's find a nice 6ch and a mono and call it a day.... and there's no way you can even guess your estimate of watts, you got ok, with trash with nice... you got a/b with d with a whole heaping of amp drawl....you said at the top 4 ap 10's 350 each what is all the other amps for? you got a ho alt...???

I have a hoa come to think about loose connections I remember seeing the anl fuse being loose. I may consider selling most stuff and getting matching stuff but in the future after the holidays.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.