3 12" Diamond Audio D3 vs 2 12" Kicker L7

Participant count
  • Participant list

Flipp153

Bass addict in training
Hey hows it going? I got 3 12" diamond audio d3s in a independently sealed 1.2 cu.ft. per chamber box powered by an older power fosgate 1000bd amp in the back of my 03' dodge dakota ext cab. I like the way they sound but I find myself wanting a little more sometimes. I was thinking of getting two kicker l7s in a sealed box the same size of the triple 12" box. So like 1.8 cu. Ft. per l7. Any advice or recommendations? Stick with the 3 diamond audios or 2 kicker l7s with bigger chambers. Thanks.

Hey hows it going? I got 3 12" diamond audio d3s in a independently sealed 1.2 cu.ft. per chamber box powered by an older power fosgate 1000bd amp in the back of my 03' dodge dakota ext cab. I like the way they sound but I find myself wanting a little more sometimes. I was thinking of getting two kicker l7s in a sealed box the same size of the triple 12" box. So like 1.8 cu. Ft. per l7. Any advice or recommendations? Stick with the 3 diamond audios or 2 kicker l7s with bigger chambers. Thanks.
Well l7s are crap ..and like huge ported enclosures...a proper ported box for a pair of 12s would be like 5.5-6 cubes..and I wouldnt recommend them sealed...id go for a pair of 12s ported ....maybe a pair of sundown audio sa 12s or something in that power class..will be wayyy louder than the setup u have or are wanting

Thanks for the fast response. I'll look into those subs you mentioned. What would be a good sealed enclosure sub? I usually prefer the sound I get out of sealed enclosures. From my experience sealed seemed tighter although ported did sound louder.

Thanks for the fast response. I'll look into those subs you mentioned. What would be a good sealed enclosure sub? I usually prefer the sound I get out of sealed enclosures. From my experience sealed seemed tighter although ported did sound louder.
The sundowns will still do well sealed as will the sundown e series..and uf ur set in sealed buikd ur own box it will sound better than the cheap thin prefab sealed boxes

Alright cool. I seen the sundowns going for $199.99. Is that good? Also, do you know by chance know what would be a good size box for them? Thanks a lot for all the help.

Alright cool. I seen the sundowns going for $199.99. Is that good? Also, do you know by chance know what would be a good size box for them? Thanks a lot for all the help.
Yea thats about right ..they can be had for cheaper sometimes. .just check around on diff sites..and the reccomended sealed box will be on the sundown site..id say probably around 1.5-1 75 per sub .just off the top of my head..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.