Quick help please, installing amp in my truck

Nardog

Texas
I just bought a Pioneer 4400hd stereo for my truck with new Alpine Type S speakers (SPS-610s in front, SPS-510s in rear). They sound great but it just feels like it is missing something. I am going to buy an Alpine MRP F300 amp and I was wondering what amp install kit would be best? Do I need 8 gauge or can I go with 4? I currently don't have a subwoofer but I may buy another amp and a subwoofer in the future.

Thank you

I would go with 4ga amp wiring kit. You need to seal off your doors and use sound deadening material on the inner door skin and cover the metal surfaces under the interior door panel. same with the rear speakers, a layer of deadening under any panel you can remove would reduce road and wind noise, therefore lowering the noise floor and allowing you to actually hear more detail from the sound system. A little work and a minor investment will have drastic results if done properly. A sub will bring in that little something that is missing as well. just a good 10" sub in a well designed enclosure with some decent power can be impressive.

What I'm thinking about doing is my dad has an old 2 channel Alpine amp that I'll connect the rears to and then get a new 4 channel amp to connect to some new tweeters and the fronts. If I get a sub I'll need a third amp, won't I? And If I have 3 amps will I need a second battery? I'm pretty new at this if you can't tell but I'm really starting to get into it.

Also thank you for your past answers.

You don't need to amp your rears, I have in all my cars but it's really not necessary if you have a nice set of from speakers.

These are the tweeters I was looking at.

Alpine SPS-110TW 1

What do you guys think? I listen to all types of Rock and Country mostly.

I would spend the money on subs as opposed to tweets. for right now anyway.
The reason I want new tweeters is I didn't even bother hooking the factory ones back up because I wanted all the power from the HU to go to the new speakers. Unfortunately I am really missing the highs. So my plan for now is hook up the rears to a 2 channel amp and hook the old tweeters up to the HU tomorrow and the fronts and new tweeters to a new amp later this month. I really don't feel like I am missing the subs though.

What I'm thinking about doing is my dad has an old 2 channel Alpine amp that I'll connect the rears to and then get a new 4 channel amp to connect to some new tweeters and the fronts. If I get a sub I'll need a third amp, won't I? And If I have 3 amps will I need a second battery? I'm pretty new at this if you can't tell but I'm really starting to get into it.
Also thank you for your past answers.
What 2 channel Alpine does your dad have? Like shpatb says, you want your power up front. the rears are just for some added fill. Use the Alping on the fronts and get a decent sub/amp.

If there is no sub in the vehicle then......its missing. But I understand the want for bright highs. Not my liking but sound is subjective. I might suggest a different tweet if you already have 2 pr. of type s's and not enough tweet for you. Type r's are brighter but hard to get right now. they only have enough to fill .5 of backorders and more will be out in sept.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.