quick give me your honest opinion ASAP please

des343
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
i have a JBL GTO 14001 amp i put it on craigslist to see whats out there because i keep blowing subs..

now i have like no subs left i had a couple nice amps and nothing to use them on..so im in the hunt for them

this guy was trying to offer me his L7 for my GTO and then i got him to throw in a 600 watt soundstream amp..cant remember the model

i wasnt able to let it go im losing my best amp then the other one is a 1800 watt max kenwood moo

he told me he had a W7 and i was able to talk him into giving me the JL W7 12 inch (i have seen pics looks good shape)

Bottom line

Give:

GTO 14001

one 12 inch cvr and box (blew the other one and both are in the box i built)

and $200 cash

Get:

JL Audio 12 inch W7

what would YOU do or do you suggest

If you are blowing subs you have a few possible issues.

1. Crap subs

2. Crap Install

3. Crap Enclosure

4. You do not understand how to properly set gains.

Answers to fix issues.

1. Spend more money

2. Explain your install and we will help fix it

3. You can build/buy one to fix the issue

4. Research

As for your deal... nope I wouldn't do it

well i blew one of my 12 inch CVR's so good quality i somehow blew my l7 15 inch what i think is that the JBL amp is too powerful though for any of the subs but i hear no distortion and it seems everything is okay then it will sound great and pound then just quit..the gain on the 1500 watt amp is between half way and a little under 3/4s

or just right before the distortion point...i love the amp but i have had a couple weird things happen with it too though everything seems to be working fine right now..i have a separate battery and the amp is grounded to the battery itself...i smell no burning or anything either

this would would fall on 2 things. to much power for the CVR setup. To much power for a single 15 daily. this also falls under all of my reasons listed as to why you have issues

okay is my ground okay though? like grounded to the negative terminal on the batter? im asking because this was my dads doing and i was unsure about it..

ok i'm curious on how you decided on running a 400rms sub with a 1500rms amp?
if you read correctly i had 2 of them...they are dual 2 ohm subs and together rms at 800 watts kicker themselves told me i would want a amp that rms around 1000 to 1200 watts to properly run these and my gains are all okay i know how to set them...ive been many places and had the "experts" see what i was doing

but in saying that i believe for a while when i first got the amp (when the l7 blew) and then im not entirely sure what i did with the cvrs except maybe too much power..

this amp has a HP nob..which threw me off for a mono amp..so i left it all the way down which was like 10hz or something stupid low i later found out that that should be between 35 and 55 for most subs..when the CVR blew though it was around 40 i think roughtly

well how could i be setting them wrong when there is no distortion...and ive been a several places..im not an idiot..

bass boost all the way up amp at half power (for the 12s) lp at about 25-40 hp at about 35-45 so hey tell me how the hell its wrong

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.