Quick EQ question

Clarion or Cadence

• Total voters
Yea those are decent subs....and will handle more than 1000 Watts actually....those and a BRZ2100.1D or a BRZ2400.1D would be a cheap match

You think I need do the big 3 upgrade? Cause the battery is new. Seems like I have 4 gauge wiring for the speakers and subs. Getting a H/O alternator sounds too much right now.

I guess I'm just looking for the cheapest upgrade possible. I know I'm getting an equalizer now. Selling all my stuff to get 2x12" seems like a lot of work. Since I"m planning on getting a better amp, should I just get another power reference and a new box? That sounds expensive too. LOL

If I'm gonna go for a 3x10" set up, the amp is gonna be expensive as hell! And the improvement isn't even gonna be worth the money....

Best route seems to get a BRZ1700 for now and get the type r's later...BRZ1700 seems way too much for my 10"s though, I wonder if that's crossing the line even at 12.5V, since the max rms is 500W for the subs together

The big three upgrade is something i would recommend to anyone who is running 1000 watts or more in the vehicle.

4ga. is 'okay' for 1000 watts......but it is better to have at least 2ga. or 'do it once' and run 1/0awg

You do not need a HO alternator for ANYTHING you have mentioned......additional batteries are warranted before a new or additional alternator and you dont even need an additional battery to run any of the forementioned setups.....

An equalizer is not going to really help you all that much in the bass department.....it is more for tuning out the response peaks or dips across the rest of the frequency range and not so much for 80hz or lower........if you are wanting to add some depth and ouput to your low end bass you should really look into an Epicenter or other bass enhancement unit......the Audiocontrol Epic 160 is an amazing unit and is what i use alongside a Kicker KQ5.........they are a little pricey however.....but Hifonics and Power Acoustik both make decent quality epicenters as well along with numerous other brands............

also 3 10" lower power subs will not neccesarily be better than 2 12" high power subs.......lots of variables come into play but thats my opinion

And as for the BRZ1700.1d......I was referring you to use that with the Pioneer subs that you mentioned.......however amazingly after quickly looking over the specs it seems that that would be a good matched amp for all of the subs you have mentioned........

with the 2 memphis subs you have now.......wire them like this for a 4 ohm load and the amp will supply 300 watts to each subwoofer into 4 ohms.....

Subwoofer Wiring Diagrams, Two 4 ohm Dual Voice Coil (DVC) Speakers

which is perfectly fine....yes i know that the rms is 250 but it is generally a good practice to overpower your subwoofer, and really any speaker component for that matter, by at least 20% if not more......the reasoning behind that is to essentially get all of the output possible from your subs without pushing your amp into clipping to do it.....make sense? believe me....clipping your sub signal is bad bad bad and will ruin speakers quick.....give them a nice toasty smell lol

and with the 2 alpine 12's you can wire them like this for a 2 ohm load and the amp will put out 600 watts to each sub into 2 ohms.....BUT that is if they are dual 2 ohm voice coil subs....forgot if you said which they were....if they are dual 4's than scratch that......

and with the two pioneers you can wire them for a 1 ohm load if you get dual 4's and the amp will put out 1050 watts into 1 ohm......

hope that helps

The Cadence's eq frequencies are 10 to 50,000 Hz while the Clarion is 50 to 16,000 HZ.
That's just the freq response, it has nothing to do with the EQ bands of adjustment. The Clarion also has a line driver built in, just not as hot/high as 9v.

Yes the down side is that it only has a LP filter.

How much would be a fair price for the big 3 wiring including labor?

And if I was to redo the wiring to 2 or 0 gauge for 2 amps, 2x10 subs, 4 speakers, and a hi, how much would that cost me approximately, including labor?

That's just the freq response, it has nothing to do with the EQ bands of adjustment. The Clarion also has a line driver built in, just not as hot/high as 9v.
Yes the down side is that it only has a LP filter.
Which one would you buy? And txdog27 recommends an epi center but I heard they're useless unless I'm playing a lot of music that's missing bass like rock

. I'm getting the eq cause the one on my headunit is bs, need some fine tuning

Not because I'm a Clarion junkie but I would choose the Clarion. Out of all the half din eqs that's the best bang for the buck. The epicenter isn't an eq, but a bass restorer.

Not because I'm a Clarion junkie but I would choose the Clarion. Out of all the half din eqs that's the best bang for the buck. The epicenter isn't an eq, but a bass restorer.
Think I'm gonna go for the Clarion. What cables/wiring do you need for an eq install and what gauge should I get it in? Yes I was misleading but I'm aware, it sounds useless for my set up, I need to buy a better amp and ultimately better subs.

And for an update it seems like I'm running 12.1, 12.2 V according to my capacitor running my volume at 8. This is HORRIBLE!

Clarion is , and always have been great products IMO..I use the Kicker KQ9 in all my vehicles,and have served me well and met my expectations by far,at this time.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Clarion is , and always have been great products IMO..I use the Kicker KQ9 in all my vehicles,and have served me well and met my expectations by far,at this time.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Would an EQ put lower my voltage reading? I'm trying to do the big 3 upgrade and upgrade all the power wiring & add an affordable aftermarket battery. Does anybody know what battery would fit well in a '05 Corolla?

You will be just fine.. If is within your budget, and you like it, and want to put it in your set up.. buy it.Thats what I usually do. LOL:slap:

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...