Quick EQ question

Clarion or Cadence

• Total voters
HAHA i just notice i replied on the wrong thread.

I just made up the numbers for the sake of convo. The L7's are nice but I just hate Kicker's...I want something loud but clean sounding like a type r. I'm pretty sure the type r's i'm looking at are dual 4 ohms...but I can see how dual 2 ohm's would be so much better since finding an amp would be a lot easier and cheaper.

Hmm? No no no.....it is pointless and expensive to run mono sub amps at 4 ohms......if you have two dual 4 ohm subs you need to wire for a 2 ohm load and find an amp that will do 1000-1200 Watts x 1@ 2 ohms.......if you have dual 2 ohm subs then you need to wire for a 1 ohm load and find an amp that will do 1000-1200watts x 1@ 1 ohm.....

If you have dual 4 ohm type R's a cheap true power amp that comes to mind is the Hifonics BRZ1200.1D......or if you want to really push them the BRZ1700.1D

A single 15" can be louder given a properly sized enclosure and correct port tuning.....but 2 12" type R's have more displacement than 1 15" type R.......plus more power handling imo

Hmm? No no no.....it is pointless and expensive to run mono sub amps at 4 ohms......if you have two dual 4 ohm subs you need to wire for a 2 ohm load and find an amp that will do 1000-1200 Watts x 1@ 2 ohms.......if you have dual 2 ohm subs then you need to wire for a 1 ohm load and find an amp that will do 1000-1200watts x 1@ 1 ohm.....
If you have dual 4 ohm type R's a cheap true power amp that comes to mind is the Hifonics BRZ1200.1D......or if you want to really push them the BRZ1700.1D
Wow I was doing the wrong calculations the whole time and looking at super powerful amps lol.

A single 15" can be louder given a properly sized enclosure and correct port tuning.....but 2 12" type R's have more displacement than 1 15" type R.......plus more power handling imo
Ah thanks. So i'm trying to find out if my current set up is truly underpowered or not. Here are the specs of the xplod amp I have:

Rated Power at 4 Ohm Stereo

185W x 2 RMS (20Hz-20kHz,

Maximum Power 4 Ohm Stereo

Maximum power output of 380W per channel at 4 Ohm.

Rated Power at 2 Ohm Stereo

200W x 2 RMS (20Hz-20kHz,

Maximum Power 2 Ohm Stereo

Maximum power output of 500W per channel at 2 Ohm.

Rated Power at 4 Ohm Mono

400W x 1 RMS (20Hz-20kHz,

Maximum Power 4 Ohm Mono

This unit can be used as a bridging amplifier with a maximum output of 1000W at 4 Ohms.

The power rerfence 10s are dual 4ohm, 250 rms. And the guy bridged the amp to connect the two subs. How much rms is my amp feeding the power references? If I don't get the type r's, I want to find an amp that'll push the power references to its max...so I would need to find at least 500 rms x 1 @ 2ohm, yes? I find myself setting the volume 14 to 22 (max is 40) most of the time, and I want it to be at that level with a new amp at maybe volume 6 to 12

Is there a reason you prefer the BRZ series over the HFi series? I thought the HFi series are newer...and sleeker looking imo

Correction....holy hell....sry haven't got much sleep lately and have been doing too many 'single' subwoofer setups lol....wow

Ok....for 2 dual 2 ohm subs this ↓↓

Subwoofer Wiring Diagrams, Two 2 ohm Dual Voice Coil (DVC) Speakers

For 2 dual 4 ohm subs this ↓↓

Subwoofer Wiring Diagrams, Two 4 ohm Dual Voice Coil (DVC) Speakers

And yes your current wiring to the exploded is correct for Max power output....which is prolly around 200 each sub if your voltage stays at 14.4 volts....if its closer to 12.5 volts than less than 200 Watts each

Lol that sounds really tedious.

Hey that's a cool lil site. Do workers at shops try to wire for the lowest impedance?

How do I know the voltage? My capacitor, from what I think, has a voltage reader and it's usu at 12.4 to 12.7...which is pretty ******.

Would it be silly to find another 10" sub (most likely not a power reference), wire it to the xplod with its own box and wire the 2x10 set up I have to a new amp and stuff all of em in my trunk? I'm guessing yes because of the difference in power but it's a cheap route lol. Affording a brand new amp to power 3x10's AND a custom box would be pretty **** expensive.

Should've got type r's in the first place, ****

No the Brz line are the newest mono amps and the Zxi line are the newest multichannel amps

These two line models are all CEA-2006 compliant which means true and tested rms ratings @ 14.4 volts.....the other lines are a little overrated or rms tested at a higher voltage.....

But usually this isn't a big problem if you overcompensate for thier undercompensation basically.....lol

I would not recommend installing a third unmatching sub.....

If you however were able to get another one of those same subs.....it would be a noticeable improvement...

But then your wiring options go to 3 ohm and 6 ohm for mono power.....or running each sub off a different channel of a high power 4 channel amp @ 4 ohms

For three of those wired to 2.67 ohms.....I would find a mono amp capable of at least 750 watts x 1@ 4 ohms.....just to give a little headroom....

And maybe more than that since most mainstream amp brands rms ratings are based on 14.4 voltages.....and yours is 12.5......eeeesh

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...