Quick EQ question

Clarion or Cadence

• Total voters

JaeCole
10+ year member

First thread...name's Jae from SoCal.

I'm looking to buy an affordable thread and came down to two products.

- Clarion EQS74

- Cadence CEQ-773

Which is better? The features are almost identical, but the Cadence is about $10 more from the prices I have found online.

What's the difference between paragraphic, parametric, and rotary EQ?

I'm leaning towards Clarion but the Cadence looks awesome with the blue lights....matches my double DIN!

The ONLY way that the Autotek is better then the Clarion is the output, 9v vs 7v. Sorry, but the Clarion is a better EQ all-in-all.

Graphic = fixed freqs

EX: 9 band eq, 20, 50, 100, 250, 500, 1k, 3k, 8k, 16k

Parametric = selectable freqs with each band. Some have an adjustable Q.

EX: 5 band parametric, 20-80, 100-250, 300-600, 1k-4k, 8k-14k

Slider, rotary, .... are the types/ways the adjustments are made.

The Cadence's eq frequencies are 10 to 50,000 Hz while the Clarion is 50 to 16,000 HZ. The Cadence has a full built in crossover while the Clarion has a low pass built in crossover. The Cadence has a line driver while the Clarion doesn't, and the Cadence's total harmonic distortion is 0.05% and Clarion's is 0.005%.

Based on these specs, does this make Cadence a better eq (except for the total harmonic distortion)?

P.S. This may sound really dumb but I can add an aftermarket EQ to my aftermarket head unit, yes? My aftermarket head unit, jensen uv10, has a 3 band eq so someone please explain to me how the installation works and what I need in addition. (Think I need RCA cables or something like that)

Hmm I haven't tried either but I'd be willing to I actually need to get an eq for my system the kenwood just doesn't have enough to work with and my highs are harsh. The only thing I don't like is most that I see only have one input and in that case I wouldn't be able to fade from front to rear. I want like a 7 or more band at least.

look at the autotek 7007 too better than the clarion ,way better
The autotek looks like its more of a crossover than an eq with only 4 bands although I do like how it has 2 inputs and outputs.

Kicker kq5.....ftw
Out of my budget....wish I could buy //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rage.gif.0ad8a6e5565b5fddce406566fdd05149.gif but I don't think it's necessary for my needs. Why does the Clarion have more input/output jacks?

I have heard some really good reviews on that Cadence and I'll probably be trying one myself, but I don't see where it has a HPF. And it does have an AUX in, just not 2 RCA inputs. My buddy has the Clarion and it does the job well. And the thing about the output voltage, not all amps are happy with 9v preouts. A lot of amps I've tried HATE my Eclipse 8v.

Honestly, you can't go wrong with either for budget options. If the Cadence matches your HU, go with that one.

If an amp is 1000w x 1 @ 4ohm and the type r 12" has a handling of 500RMS, that amp would be a perfect match for the 2 type r's, yes?

I am just confused on how people are running 4 ohm stable subs at 2 or 1 ohm's. Sounds dangerous. Basically I'm looking for an amp that is over 1000w x 1 @ 4ohm to power the type r's to its max rms handling, given that I'm doing all the calculations correctly

Yes and no....what amp r u refering to? And wrong thread by the way.....lol

---------- Post added at 03:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 AM ----------

And are your type R's dual 2 ohm or dual 4 ohm?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...