Quick disconnect (Stinger SQD0/X-Haibei)

Participant count
  • Participants list

Terrum
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Recruit
As I plan to have an amp mounted on the sub itself, I was looking for a way to disconnect the power and ground cables without having to unscrew them each time I need to take the sub out. I came across the Stinger SQD0 and X-Haibei quick disconnectors/connectors.

Having looked at a few videos on how they work, they seem perfect, but I am concerned that I would need to remove the ground wire on my battery before I can disconnect the connectors. With the time it takes to open the hood and disconnect the battery, I might as well just unscrew the cables from the amp and get covers for them.

So my question is, does anyone else use these quick disconnectors? Does anyone use them without removing any battery wires beforehand? Or does anyone have any better suggestions for removing an amp without having to disconnect the battery wires?

Many thanks for reading and I look forward to any discussions :)

I just moved my spare tire onto the backseat floorboard 😳😂

My bug was 1-⅝" off the ground with no front shocks and no spare tire. And a cop moved it into a Walgreens parking lot one night so it didn't get towed and destroyed pulling it on to the tow truck. He even left the keys in front of the drivers seat so I could drive it home. White privilege?

My bug was 1-⅝" off the ground with no front shocks and no spare tire. And a cop moved it into a Walgreens parking lot one night so it didn't get towed and destroyed pulling it on to the tow truck. He even left the keys in front of the drivers seat so I could drive it home. White privilege?
Nah Most cops are pretty decent if you ain't acting like an azz to them...at least the ones I've come across

Just put male/female connectors about one foot from the sub box on the speaker wires. Game over. Done deal.
Thanks for the response. I found the connector that suits me best (the ones mentioned in my original post) but my main concern is knowing if it's safe to do this without having to disconnect the battery first.

I found that there's a very similar connector named Anderson which handles up to 280A and you get a pair. This also mentions 'UL Rated for Hot Plugging up to 100 Amps'.

Does this mean it is safe to unplug as long as the power is not using more than 100A? I only plan to unplug when the amp is off (remote wire deactivated) so I assume it wouldn't even be 1A.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...