Questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

hyhat33

n/a
Me being the novice around here I have a couple of questions.

I'm planning on buying subs for my Boss RIP695 1400 watt amplifier. The amps is 2 channel so I'm planning on just by 2 subs. Now as far as the subs I was looking at power acoustik. In particular the poweracoustik SQ10. The speaker itself says it can handle 1400 watts max but it gives no RMS do you think I'd be safe as far as not blowing 2 of these out with a 1400 watt amp? Also The speaker kinda scare me. They say they are fan cooled? Never heard of a speaker with a fan. And it says the shipping weight is 40 lbs. Now the box it comes in can't weigh 20 lbs. Do you think this would work out??? here are the specs of the amp and subs.

amp:

REMOTE SUBWOOFER LEVEL CONTROL ·LINE AND SPEAKER LEVEL INPUTS ·MOSFET POWER SUPPLY ·LINE OUTPUTS ·VARIABLE HIGH LOW LEVEL X-OVER ·GAIN CONTROL ·POWER AND PROTECTION LEDS ·700W X 2 @ 2 OHM ·250W X 2 @ 4 OHM (RMS) ·1400W X 1 BRIDGED POWER ·THD .01%

Speakers (I'll have 2 total)

Dual 4 ohm voice coil ·Cyclovent fan cooled ·Die cast aluminum basket ·Black wrinkle finish with Diamond cut ·Black & blue carbon fiber cone ·Wrinkle finish front & back plate ·large rubber slant surround ·1-piece EVA gasket ·Black spider ·Woven tinsel lead through spider ·Chrome screw terminals ·1400 watts power handling · 100 oz. magnet · 2”kapton voice coil ·SPL 91 dB ·Sealed box:.5 cu. Ft. ·Ported box: 1.15 cu. Ft. ·Tuning: 35Hz ·Port Size: 3”(dia)x13.5”(length) ·#of ports:1

Thanx!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.