ported or sealed

Durex
10+ year member

TEXAS
im getting 3 idmax (dual 4ohm) and i was thinkin should i go ported or sealed. how bad would ported hurt the sq? i mean i dont want to get id's sounding like crap that would take away the point of havin em. im leaning toward sealed but i still am thinking bout ported.

One IDMax is CLEARLY capable of hitting the 140-144 dB range in a sealed box with 800-1000w running to it. I've seen those numbers so much from Max owners that it almost seems typical. By virtue of the fact that you are getting THREE (Holey smokes) I would say seal those puppies, put 3000w into them, upgrade your electrical system and make your passengers run out of the car crying to tell their mommies on you, lol.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

yeah i would just seal them... your going to get enough bass out of them, no sence in cutting into the SQ by porting 'em when (with enough power) they are already going to shake your ribs loose //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

thanks guys, i am putting a jbl 1200 (i bet you never heard of that amp before) on each and getting a 225 amp alt (my nighbor is an altenator shop so he'll hook me up) and i was thinking of getting 2 optima yellers. a obcon box ( http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/OBCSSP12388 hey if i can afford 3 idmax then i can afford a 300 buck box, im too lazy to make my own nor do i have the time ) gives each sub .88 cubes wich fit right in the specs. does all this sound good or do u guys think i need to change something

that box has 1 thing i don't really like. the chambers aren't totally sperated. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

it would be nice if they had their own personal chamber so no air is shared between the subs. how big are they? .88 Ft^3 is small if it's a 12", and even for a 10" i'd go bigger if you want SPL. although if it's 10" and .88 Ft^3, the bass will be tight and response nice //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

yeah i noticed that. now that i think about it i will go with a bigger sealed box and get the carpet to match the interior.

From what I understood, IDMax's like sealed boxes that are a little bigger than that. More like 1.2-1.7 cu.ft. a piece. I'm going to put my friends in a 1.4 cu.ft. box before displacement.

i forgot about displacement, ids are big. is there any pre built boxes that the id's would do well in, im not really going for spl as much as i am sq. thanks.

heres an idea how about i buy one more max and have two of those dual 12 inch subwoofer boxes. i bet 4 ids hits pretty hard.

ONE of those bad boys usually get the job done. Two is GREAT. Four is just overkill in my opinion. Unless your getting a good deal on them, then I'd sell the extra two on eBay since their so hard to come by these days.

Originally posted by Durex heres an idea how about i buy one more max and have two of those dual 12 inch subwoofer boxes. i bet 4 ids hits pretty hard.
Hey if you want to that would be awsome, then just run two nice mono's to them:) Thats gonna hit really hard plus its gonna sound good. Be sure to get some pics up when your done:D

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.