Questions on sound dampening.

Participant count
  • Participant list

stay_high
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Florida
Just got done sound dampening my trunk. I used the nvx trunk kit. only used like... 2/5ths of it. So i still have plenty. However it didnt really seem to stop the rattleing much and there is no difference in sound on the inside. I didnt use the roller that people suggest but i did use a crappy one i got from walmart. It is all stuck on there good in between the crevices and everything. Looks fine. Is there supposed to be an audible difference from one layer of dampening on the trunk lid?

So heres my main question. Should i use the remaining deadening sheets to put ANOTHER layer and mabey even a third on the trunk lid or should i use it elsewhere? Like maybe the door panels? Or should i rip off the deadener thats currently there and do it properly with a roller from dynamat or whatever? My sub stage setup is in my sig. Oh and i drive a 08 ford focus sedan. Believe it or not, its a rattleing piece of **** that doesnt seem very well built as far as the door panels and what not go.

Thanks for any input.

Just got done sound dampening my trunk. I used the nvx trunk kit. only used like... 2/5ths of it. So i still have plenty. However it didnt really seem to stop the rattleing much and there is no difference in sound on the inside. I didnt use the roller that people suggest but i did use a crappy one i got from walmart. It is all stuck on there good in between the crevices and everything. Looks fine. Is there supposed to be an audible difference from one layer of dampening on the trunk lid?
So heres my main question. Should i use the remaining deadening sheets to put ANOTHER layer and mabey even a third on the trunk lid or should i use it elsewhere? Like maybe the door panels? Or should i rip off the deadener thats currently there and do it properly with a roller from dynamat or whatever? My sub stage setup is in my sig. Oh and i drive a 08 ford focus sedan. Believe it or not, its a rattleing piece of **** that doesnt seem very well built as far as the door panels and what not go.

Thanks for any input.
Honestly i didnt notice to much of a difference until i had done all the problem areas, after doing the trunk lid the rattles just move elsewhere. Now after using great stuff inbetween panels, and sound deading the rear dead on top and bottom, 2 layers on the trunk, both doors, the roof, and behind all the plastic panels i have no rattles at all.

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

Also tightening the trunk as much as you can will help stop rattles as well.

Honestly i didnt notice to much of a difference until i had done all the problem areas, after doing the trunk lid the rattles just move elsewhere. Now after using great stuff inbetween panels, and sound deading the rear dead on top and bottom, 2 layers on the trunk, both doors, the roof, and behind all the plastic panels i have no rattles at all. 

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

****. looks like ill be spending a portion of my next few pay checks on deadner lmao.

SO let me ask you this, after all the money spent on deadening your ride was it worth it? does it really sound that much better?

lol, I have the same problem, video in my sig, he's a question how do you get the windshield wipers to stop jumpin and rattlin? my biggest is the heatshield, I need to get down there and take it off just too lazy!

SO let me ask you this, after all the money spent on deadening your ride was it worth it? does it really sound that much better?
honestly yeah, ive only got about 40 sqft total in it, about 5 cans of great stuff, and a couple rolls of weather stripping and i have no audible rattles

A guy has 50 sq ft of deadener in the classifieds for 80+ship id jump on that
Wish i could. Once i sell this sub and box i have chillin in my garage im going to spend half of that money on deadner.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.