Which of these two would you choose?

taintedplay
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
dallas
I am short of cash, so as a temporary 6-12 month solution until I get enough funds to do it right, I have a 10 inch pioneer sub in a prefab box my buddy let me borrow. Not sure on the sub specs, I can take it out of the box if it will help, though im pretty sure its just a low end 10. I have two amps from previous projects, a hifonics TXi6408 and a Kicker 250.2 Which would be better to use with this sub?

Specs:

Hifonics TXi 6408: Using one of the channels

Bridged, 4 ohms: 340 watts x 2 chan.

Kicker 250.2

250 watts RMS x 1 in bridged mode

Thanks in advance

Need to know the ohm of the subs, single or dual, and the ohm stability of the kicker bridged. You need to match it all. That is more important than the wattage imo. Not saying matching watts doesn't matter but a sub can usually take a little more unlike an amp running at an unstable ohm load.

Ok I pulled it out of its box. Its a Pioneer Ts-w255c. 350w nominal, 4ohm impedance (crutchfield says its not a dual voice coil)

That means I can only wire it to 4ohms right?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.