questions on how to build a box

Participant count
  • Participant list

krouchchocolate
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Houston, TX
can someone help me figure out how to build a ported box for my car. My trunk space is

Height - 14 inches

Length (Left to Right) - 29

Depth (front to back) - 20.

First i want a 3.0 cubic box tuned to 32 hertz to house 2 RE RE 12' Subs. I am going to use Bass Box 6 Pro and i need help. I know that if u multipy the lxwxh and divide it by 1728 then you could get the cubic feet of the box u want. After that i do not know what to do and i am still confused on the cubic feet box part too. I also have been looking at these two sites and still am confused. If anyone can help me my sn is krouchchocolate on aim or you could just post it on this thread.

http://forums.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?t=74715

http://forums.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?t=128158

hey man, wouldnt he need like 4.25 cubes roughly to be 3 cubes at 32? from the measurments he gave me, thats not gunna work. we talked about some of his options and he wants 15tall by 28wide by 20 deep. that only puts him at 3.8 cubes. he needs roughly 4.25 if my math is correct (which im pretty sure it is)

Well i did it with saywhat and he helped me. Our dimensions were

height - 15 ---------------------- Internal dimensions were - 13.5

Length - 28 ---------------------- Internal dimensions were - 26.5

Depth - 20 ---------------------- Internal dimensions were 18.5

1st port was - 15 x 13.5

2nd port was - 15.75 x 13.5

Can anybody confirm this is right?

the port length total is 35.75 i believe we said, with the port being 13.5x3.5 with a tuning of 32.

box wont work though, and i told him this : ) unless he has a little more room to go with.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.