Questions on Dispersion Horn Piezo Tweeters, frequency responce, wiring options, etc

Participant count
  • Participant list

Kaczman
10+ year member

Ohio
Hello guys, few questions here.

First off, I have a rockford 800.4 Amp, which im running 4 focal 6x9s (4 ohms) to right now, getting 100w rms per speaker. The amp is capleable of running 200w rms per channel at 2 ohms. Im adding 4 Dispersion Horn Piezo Tweeters that peak power is 150w rms and rms is 75w to the setup, so Im running each speaker at 2 ohms, so each is getting 100w rms.

My first question is: what is the ideal frequency responce for midranges and tweeters?

Second question: what is the propability of blowing the Dispersion Horn Piezo Tweeters by running an extra 25w rms to each one? Should I use bass blockers, as there is no internal crossover (to my knowledge.)

I have all 4 6x9s in the rear deck, i have 4 rockford fosgate 4" in my doors (2 in each door, ran to the factory headunit,) and I want to put 2 Dispersion Horn Piezo Tweeters in each door, also ran to the amp for some more sound. Any advice would be great, and thanks for the help guys.

first question: tweets: ~1200hz+, mids: 80- ~1200hz(or further seperated into midbass, 80-250hz, and midrange 250- ~1200hz). Some people use different ranges, this is what i personally use.

Second question: I wouldn't worry about blowing it right away, but more or less the speaker failing over time.

Third Question: Do you have any exact model numbers or pics, and what kind of car is this in?

Thanks for your quick responce. Another question, what would a 3-30kHz frequency responce sound like to human ears? What type of music, or sounds?

Its going in a 1998 Mustang. As for model numbers, the 6x9s are ok, Ive had them in for weeks and they sound great. The Dispersion Horn Piezo Tweeters are just generic pyramid tw12 car audio wide dispersion horn piezo tweeters, not expensive or anything, just for added sound. heres a picture: http://image.inkfrog.com/pix/vinyllust/tw12PYRAMID2.jpg

What do you think about hooking them up directly to the amp, or using some type of crossover? Necessary?

edit: I see now that a 30 Ohm series resistor is recommended to assure stability of extended range amplifiers and preclude hazard of amplifier burn-out. how true is this?

oh, and here are the specs:

- 5.75" x 2.625" Wide Dispersion 1" Piezo Tweeter.

- Excellent Transient Response.

- Low Distortion.

- Light Weight, Highly Reliable.

- Extreme High Frequency Response: 3-30kHz.

- 75 Watts RMS Power.

- 150 Watts Peak Power.

- 4-8 Ohms Impedance.

- Sensitivity: 94dB.

I've never worked with niether horns or piezo tweets, can't really help you there. As far as added sound...? just keep in mind quality is almost always better than quantity.

it is 3kHz. I beleive I will be using a 4.7uF cap. Can someone tell me what exactly this does, where I can get one, and if I can run it on a tweeter thats bridged with a 6x9 without affecting the 6x9?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.