not clear enough!

Beermakesmehoppy
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I've had my Polk DBs for a couple of months now and finally realized the highs drastically overpower the mids. I was listening to a song yesterday and all I heard was BASS(from my subs) and HIGHS! I am looking for some 6.5 comps around $300 that are all around CLEAR! I head a lot about CDT and Diamond Audio. Any other suggestion or comments? Not really looking to amp them. I want to run them off head unit(60 watts rms) but if I need to amp them, I will.

thanks

what kinad HU do u have that puts out 60 watts rms? thats pretty impressive. U could also think about amping the mids u have instead of buying new 1's

Theirs no head unit in the world that puts out 60rms. You will barely find one that will put out 25 rms if even that. He may be thinking of the pioneer deh-p8mp, but thats 60 watts peak. Anyways It would be best to get an amp to run your set of components. If you plan on running speakers off your deck, then ide just get coaxes.

CDT is a good brand to look into, I heard they dont get terribly loud, but are very clear at moderate volume levels. For half of your budget you may want to look into RE RE 6.5's, I feel from what people have said about them, they would be a step up from your current comps, and then you would have 150 left to purchase an amp.

yea i didnt think so. cause ive never seen an HU put out over 24 except those pioneers with the V drive or w/e and they required an extra power source and it was only like 25 watts rms or something.

I've had my Polk DBs for a couple of months now and finally realized the highs drastically overpower the mids. I was listening to a song yesterday and all I heard was BASS(from my subs) and HIGHS! I am looking for some 6.5 comps around $300 that are all around CLEAR! I head a lot about CDT and Diamond Audio. Any other suggestion or comments? Not really looking to amp them. I want to run them off head unit(60 watts rms) but if I need to amp them, I will.thanks

Question.......Are you currently powering your Polk speakers with your head unit?? If so, then your speakers aren't your problem. The reason you aren't hearing any midrange/midbass is because you aren't sending them enough power to get the woofers moving which is why your tweeters are over powering your mids. If I were you I would get a cheap little 2 channel amp and I bet your Polks would sound alot better and you may not even want to get rid of those speakers.

Just a thought. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

yeah your mids will do much better with the extra power, tweets are sensative enough you probably won't notice a huge volume difference with them,that's my experience anyway.

I never knew that. I thought when amped everything gets louder, so since my highs are overpowering my mids, I thought when I power them it would sound the same but LOUDER. I am running them off a stock HU. HAHAHAHA, would throwing their RMS at the speakers give an all around better sound or just amplify it? I was thinking about getting some of those re xxx comps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.