Questions for the Viper 791xv

danteBirosel
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
1. What's the range on this baby?

2. On the 2-way does it tell you if u locked ur car or not?

3. What are the best features about this alarm, that makes this alarm the best for it's price?

4. Did you install the alarm yourself? or did u buy it from a local shop and let them do it for you?

I think i have a couple more, ill ask later on...

Thanks,

Dantezzy

1. they say up to 1/4 mile, which is probably true line of sight. otherwise, without LOS id say closer to 150-200feet

2. yes, and tells u the status of remote start, ignition, what sensor triggered the alarm, and such

3. thats your call

4. no, i bought mine off ebay for about 187, and some extra goodies. had a local shop install it all for a hefty price. but its a good install

dam n... only like 200feet? isnt that range not too far?
it uses what, a xhf signal or something. with the size of the antenna if it has reflections its gonna kill it. another thing is to have a very powerful battery in there. lithium. dont even think about using rechargables because the voltage isnt enough to give you good range.
line of sight id say yes, it can definately do 1/4 mile, put a building or some metal/cement walls in between and the range is drastically cut. thats just how HF works

my range is about a football field and thats inside my workplace which is a single story building...make sure they put your antanea behind the rearveiw mirror...I had mines put in for about $170.00 brought it off ebay for $140.00....I was not a fan at first but, now I`m a beliver and it has some nice options to add-on

range can be unpredictable. but after 8 months of using the 791, i have a sort of "feel" when it will page the alarm or not. my rule is if i can see my rearview mirror (where the antenna is mounted) i can page the ride, chin trick works occasionally for when i don't.

i paid $550 for the alarm and was charged $150 for the install, this was at a DEI authorized shop in upstate NY.

i get WAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY more than 200 feet on my 791. Im using energizer rechargeable batteries and its perfectly fine. I work at best buy and i can start my car from the back of the building (inside) and it will remote start outside (and i park towards the rear).

line of sight id say yes, it can definately do 1/4 mile, put a building or some metal/cement walls in between and the range is drastically cut. thats just how HF works
That's how my RSX 3.5 works. I tried starting my car behind a building, and it wouldn't start. When I peaked around the corner and press it, it worked. It's based on obsticals more than distance. BTW I paid $180.00 for the alarm and installed it myself. Took me a good 6 hours.... not bad considering it was my first time, and the complexity of the alarm itself.

1. 1/4 mile straight shot no interferance in the way ive almost done it

2. yes pretty much tells u everything

3. i like the music it plays when i change the battery in the remote, also i like the feature where if the car is already running wit the key in the ignition u can press 2 buttons to keep the car running wit the keys out of the car

4. no, had a guy install it for me who is pretty sweet wit it

1. 1/4 mile straight shot no interferance in the way ive almost done it2. yes pretty much tells u everything

3. i like the music it plays when i change the battery in the remote, also i like the feature where if the car is already running wit the key in the ignition u can press 2 buttons to keep the car running wit the keys out of the car

4. no, had a guy install it for me who is pretty sweet wit it
Which two buttons... I'm too lazy to find my manual.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.