Questions about amp settings

Participant count
  • Participant list

Babykinns
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
To start off with I'm running 2 Kicker CVR 12's dual 2Ohm in a Kicker side ported box. I'd say the box is about 3 1/2 cubic feet mabey 4. I'm pumping 1k rms into them and I have the low pass set to 80 hz, sub sonic on 30 and dubing on about 14. My head unit is an Alpine cda-9807 sub is set to 14, bass -4 100hz and treble at +2 12k hz. I listen to a lot of stuff with hard hitting bass lots of low bass, constant bass, combinations of lows n somewhat mids. Stuff like Dream girl by Akon and Just A Dream by Nelly n sometimes rap like Trapped by Proof for example

My question is does that sound about right for all the frequencies? I mean I know a lot of immature ******** gunna come posting some bs cuz I'm runnin kickers but I don't care it sounds good the way I got it. I'm just wondering if there is any exact settings I should set that could make it sound as best as possible?

Lower your subsonic a bit unless it's bottoming out, you're missing out on the lows. Turn your midbass up a bit, you're severely lacking there. Can you lower the high fq a bit? Maybe run the sub up to 100hz and the mids at 125.

I have mine roughly set to the following...

Sub fq: 100hz with my subsonic set to 15hz

Mid: 100hz

Highs: 2k

My hpf is set to 80hz.

Lower your subsonic a bit unless it's bottoming out, you're missing out on the lows. Turn your midbass up a bit, you're severely lacking there. Can you lower the high fq a bit? Maybe run the sub up to 100hz and the mids at 125.
I have mine roughly set to the following...

Sub fq: 100hz with my subsonic set to 15hz

Mid: 100hz

Highs: 2k

My hpf is set to 80hz.
What do you mean lower the high fq? Highs frequency?

Yes. You're making your mids play higher notes than needed...they should compliment both the sub stage and the highs
Lol let me reword what I said for you

For starters My head unit has frequency settings for treble and bass.

Bass goes -7 to +7 80hz 100hz 150hz 200 hz

Treble goes -7 to +7 10k 12.5k 15k and 17.5k

Also has subwoofer controller 0-15

My tweets , door speakers and rear deck speakers run off head unit right now. Cant afford to get an amp for them yet

My amp is a 1 ch mono the options on it are

•Variable Low Pass 50Hz-150Hz

•Variable Subsonic Filter 15Hz-40hz

•Variable Subwoofer EQ @ 45Hz

and of course gain/level which I have set to put out 1k rms which is the max my subs have been known to handle without blowing. Thats 100 rms extra per sub lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.