Question with Direct Leads.

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have a Skar 1500, and a psi 18 PF2 dual 2 with direct leads. I wired each voice coil + and - to its own + and - on the amp speaker inputs. Is that right? Do I need to use the outter + and - for 1 voice coil and the inner + and - for the other voice coil? I know its a noob question but ive never had direct leads. I am aiming to be wired at 1ohm

Well, direct leads have nothing at all to do with the ohm load you wire your speakers at. That's just an alternative fastening method.

If your amplifier is a mono amp with dual positive and negative outputs (not inputs), then they are connected in parallel inside the amp. That said, if you wire one 2Ω voice coil to one set of speaker outs and the other VC to the other set of speaker outs then you will be at 1Ω.

As for which + and which - to use on the amp, it doesn't matter because electrically speaking, they are the same points, respectively.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.