RCA preouts

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have a pioneer avh3400 I want to keep the speakers and sub running through my factory harness. However I also want to install 2 powered sub woofers and 2 6X9's in addition to what I have. Do i just plug the amps into the head unit's preouts? There are 3 of them, and does it matter which ones I use? Will using the preouts have any effect on the factory set up?

you don't wanna do that..... disconnect the factory sub/amp and install the new amp and run rca's from the headunit to the amp and run your subs and speakers off that. read the manuels because the rca's all do different things and left and right

You can use the head unit outputs to feed the factory amp inputs (I assume because of the factory sub it has an amp)

Then RCA's to the new amps. Two will be front and two will be sub. The two systems will respond to fader/balance and volume. Weird approach but it can work.

So the black is what I have and the blue is what I want to add. Will that work?

994306_10201917335120516_766516145_n.jpg

Please explain the self powered subs... I'm really confused as to what they are. Do they need a positive and ground? In theory that should work but I'd get rid of the stock speakers, sub and amp and redo it all with aftermarket.

By self powered subs I mean those subs that have a built in amp. I think that's all I can fit under my seat. The stock system is a premium Rockford and it sounds pretty nice so I don't feel like dropping the money to redo the whole thing.

And you're just adding the subs and 6x9's for a little extra sound? That should work then. Best of luck to you installing the subs, I've heard it's a PITA installing subs in those trucks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.