question about welding wire

Car audio cable is sold as premium wire. Welding wire is sold as compiled strands.
You can purchase strands by the foot and quantity or buy it premade by the foot.

4/0 can be had at 5$ or less a foot and it truly will do 600+ amps at 12ft or more.

Just the way its sold as said above //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk
I just re read his comment and noticed a read it wrong lol thpught he mistyped and ment using 3/0 instead of 4/0 my mistake lol

Won't be necessary anymore, gonna get eb 4/0 and thats about the same as shca 2/0 or knu 4/0 so I can use their terminals and adapters
Sweet thats some serious wire lol but wont that be a lil much for just a 3500rms amp? I mean i know it leaves room for an upgrade but idk overkill is good but seems excessive lol

I have 100ft. cci 2/0 welding cable for my install and I like it, I use it on my welder for work and use it all day everyday and my leads are 150' long and the wire never gets hot, it is very flexible and has been running a ton of current on a regular basis for almost 7 years now and the wire and the jacket on the wire is still as flexible and in great shape, I drag it out of the truck across pavement, dirt, whatever and has never been punctured or ripped, and the jacket has never became stiff.

on average 220 amps, the welder goes up to around 325, it's a miller trailblazer325 gas powered stick welder, if I can run it all day at 220 with the leads being 150' and they do not get hot then I don't see any reason regardless of what people may say that it can't handle at least double that at 50' or less .

to me this is plenty flexible

these are the ends I got from ebay, I like the flared end it helps with inserting the wire

this is it next to some cca oversized 1/0

this is how I am connecting the batt.

Won't be necessary anymore, gonna get eb 4/0 and thats about the same as shca 2/0 or knu 4/0 so I can use their terminals and adapters
SHCA lugs are expensive. I'm hoarding them, and really don't want to crimp them, haha.

$25 for a 10 pack //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

Sweet thats some serious wire lol but wont that be a lil much for just a 3500rms amp? I mean i know it leaves room for an upgrade but idk overkill is good but seems excessive lol
Exactly, future proof //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

SHCA lugs are expensive. I'm hoarding them, and really don't want to crimp them, haha.
$25 for a 10 pack //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif
Lmfao! Thats true $2.5, but knu's are 3.99 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/pissed.gif.9f665f96bc89e98e708dabd4580bb591.gif

on average 220 amps, the welder goes up to around 325, it's a miller trailblazer325 gas powered stick welder, if I can run it all day at 220 with the leads being 150' and they do not get hot then I don't see any reason regardless of what people may say that it can't handle at least double that at 50' or less .
to me this is plenty flexible

these are the ends I got from ebay, I like the flared end it helps with inserting the wire

this is it next to some cca oversized 1/0

this is how I am connecting the batt.

Did you crimp or solder the terminals? Also whats that sleeve the wires in called?

that one is crimped, but I started filling them half way with solder then pushing the wire in and soldering it, then I take it and crimp it, I personally like crimping it, takes less time, lol

this is what I purchased for the loom they make different colors and sizes and different leanghts

3 4 100ft Braided Expandable Sleeving Tech Flex Harness Loom Wire Cover Blue | eBay

this is also very important, this is the heat shrink I bought, it is lined with glue and makes an awesome seal

3 4" Adhesive Lined Heat Shrink Tubing Black $ ft Made in USA | eBay

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.