question about welding wire

Ill have to look into that i was thinking home depot or lowes for the terminals i dont think they'll carry the step downs to go into the amps though, does carquest carry those?
Home Depot and Lowes do not carry terminals that big. At least my local ones do not.

It would be cheaper to order them online anyways

Ok so 3/0 weld wire is the same as 2/0 or 1/0 ca wire?
It depends on the brand, but it's somewhere in-between

Yea what would fit 3/0 welding wire? Eb flex outer diameters are:3/0 is .720 (18.3) inches (mm)

2/0 is .700 (17.8) inches (mm)
3/0 welding cable lugs from ebay...

Home depot does carry ring terminals. They are set screw style. I got 2. They will fit 4/0. They are not as cheap but are reuseable.
I like to get reusable one when I know I'm going to change stuff out soon

It depends on the brand, but it's somewhere in-between

3/0 welding cable lugs from ebay...

I like to get reusable one when I know I'm going to change stuff out soon
There are different sized welding cables rated at the same gauge, and ebay ring terminals dont specify their exact size, and we don't know the inner welding cable diameter, but i'll buy different sizes and will comment and what fits best (gonna get eb 4/0)

hmm well i learned today that home depot apparently carries terminals this large, didn't think they did.

How reliable are those screw terminals though? not sure how i feel about this type, especially with a flat head and not a hex head

e3c8e14a-c7e4-40d7-9880-9840a635a099_1000.jpg

There are different sized welding cables rated at the same gauge, and ebay ring terminals dont specify their exact size, and we don't know the inner welding cable diameter, but i'll buy different sizes and will comment and what fits best (gonna get eb 4/0)
Some list the inner diameter

Why is that
Car audio cable is sold as premium wire. Welding wire is sold as compiled strands.

You can purchase strands by the foot and quantity or buy it premade by the foot.

4/0 can be had at 5$ or less a foot and it truly will do 600+ amps at 12ft or more.

Im guessing because with welding as much amperage and voltage there using but then again im not a welder lol
Just the way its sold as said above //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.