question about welding wire

It doesnt have the threadcount of car audio power wire just means less flexible, gonna feel more like the cable from your battery to your alternator but it will work

Welding cable is as ofc as it gets. 2/0 though is more comparable to car audio 1/0
So is welding wire not as good as ca wire? I always thought welding was better

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

It doesnt have the threadcount of car audio power wire just means less flexible, gonna feel more like the cable from your battery to your alternator but it will work
I usto use 3/0 welding wire in my nova and it was pretty flexible considering the thickness

So should i stick with that 1/0 or go with 2/0? I plan on getting enough to run my main wires as well as the big 3
Flexibility is the main difference between the two. If it needs to be flexible, go car audio wire. If not, welding wire 2/0 is fine

Flexibility is the main difference between the two. If it needs to be flexible, go car audio wire. If not, welding wire 2/0 is fine
To tell you the truth im not sure where imna run the wire lol i was just gonna figure it all out once i start installing everything so ill probably be drilling a hole somewhere lol

The welding wire is a 30g strand where ca cable is a 34g strand. Which makes the xa cable more desirable for car audio applications. Especially for a big 3 kit . The difference in the actual wire also is that the ca wire which is mostly made in China isn't subject to the strict usa metal standards. So the Chinese wire may not be 100% copper. Even tho the manufacturer may claim it is . Most of it is still great wire. And the difference in quality is very minute in most but not all cases

The welding wire is a 30g strand where ca cable is a 34g strand. Which makes the xa cable more desirable for car audio applications. Especially for a big 3 kit . The difference in the actual wire also is that the ca wire which is mostly made in China isn't subject to the strict usa metal standards. So the Chinese wire may not be 100% copper. Even tho the manufacturer may claim it is . Most of it is still great wire. And the difference in quality is very minute in most but not all cases
Not to forget welding cable is made to withstand extreme heat for welding purposes and the jacket is less subjectable to rust or oxidation.

As far as strand count it does not make a huge impact as car audio cable does.

Car audio cables needs more strands due to the design and actual copper percentage. Less strands causes more heat makeing rust and oxidation even more possible.

/rant

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

So welding wire is guarenteed to be 100% copper as CA wire is a kind of iffy thing and welding is better for long lasting and running under a car but the welding 1/0 is smaller than a ca 1/0?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.