Question about volume

Participant count
  • Participants list
Box is linked above. It is claimed to have .93 cubes in each sub chamber but the total is 2.24 cubes, doesn't make sense but that is what they say on Amazon. On the subthump website they don't claim the 2.24 they just say .93 each chamber. Like I said I can't remember if they chambers are split or not though.

Box is linked above. It is claimed to have .93 cubes in each sub chamber but the total is 2.24 cubes, doesn't make sense but that is what they say on Amazon. On the subthump website they don't claim the 2.24 they just say .93 each chamber. Like I said I can't remember if they chambers are split or not though.

Sorry, I completely missed that. If you wanna do a seat lift, I can fit 4 8's under there. I've designed under those seats a few times. Doing a 2-3" seat lift changes the game.

IMO, most anything you buy pre-made is going to be severely lacking for an under-seat box. I've done quite a few under-seat boxes. I would strongly recommend building your own. I feel like buying a prefab under-seat box is basically wasting money. I know I can make my boxes louder than anything I'm going to find online that's pre-made. But, I'm also the type of dude who had an extended cab truck and took the backseats out and had stuff like 1 18 and 2 15's back there.

Actually Buck I am considering employing you for a box build but it would probably be more than just a box build. Lots of questions about amp, sub etc. haha

I do not really want to do a seat lift if I can avoid it. You ever do any designs for an extended cab with stock seat location?

Found why it is making that weird ass noise. After I found this I punctured a hole on the other side of the woofer trying to get it out lol
Now I know this definitely means I need to get rid of these. All of those little ridges look similar, very worn out and ready to rip. So I will sell the sub and this one too I don't know what a ripped sub is worth though.

.93 cubes with a pound of polyfill would work well with a lot of 12s. One of my favorite sounding systems I’ve ever owned was 2 JL W3s in 1 cube per sub with 2 pounds of polyfill. It wasn’t overly loud, but it sounded really good.

Polyfill is something that I've seen as an attempt to make a box seem bigger. If you can, I always suggest getting proper airspace with a proper enclosure; I understand that's not always doable.

Other than that, polyfill is used in things like midrange towers, where they are ported. The polyfill helps keep midrange reverberations from coming out of the port, because the polyfill absorbs or dampens the sharpness of higher frequencies, so that only bass/midbass frequencies come out, so it doesn't mess up your angles/staging of the midrange bandwidths. My 42" Klipsche towers have polyfill done this way, for example. They sound really good. Play down to 40-45 hz, and play up past 20 KHz, and have 2 backwards firing ports. The polyfill is layered on the inner walls, on every wall, so that the midrange bandwidth doesn't come out of the port and reverberate off the house walls- only the bass does, because it's more like omnidirectional pressure and not angular like higher frequencies are. I imagine if people have ported midranges in car doors or in home-like setups that using polyfill in those would really help not have unbalanced midrange sounds coming out of the port, at weird angles and weird peaks.

Actually Buck I am considering employing you for a box build but it would probably be more than just a box build. Lots of questions about amp, sub etc. haha

I do not really want to do a seat lift if I can avoid it. You ever do any designs for an extended cab with stock seat location?

Yes, I have. I've done some insane underseat boxes lol. @LsGuy knows.

The problem is fitting larger woofers in that space, at any angle. So, check this one out, I did this one in 2013. It's two Alpine Type S 10's:

If you can find a non-shallow woofer that's a 10, and has a lower mounting depth, and maybe wants a smaller box, that would be my recommendation for the best sound.

I can design whatever shapes you want. I'm not a magician, though. I can absolutely help you figure out what I think will maximize your output with your situation, you can email me at: buck.box.designs@gmail.com

We can get your space figured out first, which is always #1, before you buy any further equipment. I can tell you exactly what you can and cannot do, IMO. So, just let me know. I have fun doing this :)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...