Question about subs and amp buying

Participant count
  • Participant list

MTXQ

I'm new to subwoofers and I'm looking to find some for my new jeep wrangler unlimited. My budget is around $200, and looking around online it seems like the best deal is the MTX TNE212D (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001JECAM2/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER). I'm wondering what amp would be best option with these. I've also considered getting two 10" kicker 10C12D4's (http://www.amazon.com/Package-Subwoofers-Rockville-Subwoofer-Enclosure/dp/B00DY0RRYA/ref=sr_1_20?s=car&ie=UTF8&qid=1439859453&sr=1-20&keywords=Kicker+subs). Which one would be the better option? And what amp would work best with each? I've also considered hideaway subs like the Rockville RW10CA and the SSL LOPRO10. The biggest thing I'm looking for is being able to feel the beat pounding in your chest, not just the sound alone. Another possibility I've thought of was installing a single 12" on the back door, but I would need a custom enclosure for that. What do you guys suggest?

I'm new to subwoofers and I'm looking to find some for my new jeep wrangler unlimited. My budget is around $200, and looking around online it seems like the best deal is the MTX TNE212D (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001JECAM2/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER). I'm wondering what amp would be best option with these. I've also considered getting two 10" kicker 10C12D4's (Amazon.com : Package: (2) Kicker 10c12d4 12" Comp 600 Watt Dual 4-ohm Car Audio Subwoofers + Rockville Rd12 Dual 12" 1.25 Cu.ft. Sealed Subwoofer Enclosure + Dual Enclosure Wire Kit with 14 Gauge Speaker Wire + Screws + Spade Terminals : Vehicle Subw). Which one would be the better option? And what amp would work best with each? I've also considered hideaway subs like the Rockville RW10CA and the SSL LOPRO10. The biggest thing I'm looking for is being able to feel the beat pounding in your chest, not just the sound alone. Another possibility I've thought of was installing a single 12" on the back door, but I would need a custom enclosure for that. What do you guys suggest?
I don't have much time to help you out. I will say you are not looking in the right place. Somebody will help you more soon

welp, i dont know where to start.. just so you know, your asking people that spend upward of $15K on their systems lol

"your" definition of bass is gonna be a lot different that mine, or anyone else on here.

That said. i Personally wouldnt buy mainstream kickers, or mtx as you posted.. as i agree with Noloud4U

Edit: things that will help, as you said jeep wrangler.. soft or hard top? how much space are you willing to give up? ans finally, whats your genre of music?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.