question about speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list

gorillajoe
10+ year member

ok i have never wired actual speakers before just subwoofers but it should all be the same if not close.

here is my question, from the look of my car doors (05 vw tdi) i have 2 speakers up front and another smaller hole for the stock tweeter, i am going to buy some type of component speakers that come with a crossover, if i plan on buying an extra speaker to put in the door in the stock locations how would i go about wiring them into the crossover? would they wire up like a subwoofer and tie together (changing the impedance of the speaker) then tie them into the crossover or would both speakers just simply land on the crossover?

this is probably a stupid question but i dont want to damage any audio equipment i end up buying or making something easy as hell complicating...

THX in advance for any help!

i havent seen any speakers like this (besides what is apparently in my car) would i need to get a 3 way crossover then buy speakers or is there 3 way combo deals that are any good???

i havent seen any 3 way speakers yet i looked around the foums and found posts that said most audio companies are not making them anymore and ones that do are insanely expensive (500 to well over 1000). Im not looking to spend a fortune on speakers even tho i know you do get what you pay for.... so i guess i am going to stick with a 2 way components with an extra speaker wired in, but is that a good idea?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.