Qtc. on sealed boxes

95Prober
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Canada
well, for fun, im making a box for my brother and we are going to play around witht the Qtc. of the INTERIOR. now we will start and make ONLY 1 box, a big one with the LOWEST Qtc. we want, and then ADD in the inside to RAISE the Qtc. to higher the Qtc. and therefore making the box smaller. now, what could i use for a temporary fill in the box, like blocks or something, and then can be removed ???

i just want the subs sounding at the best level of Qtc.

Kittens always work the best.

Yes, just cut wood into blocks of known cubic feet (so you know how much room is taken up simply by how many blocks of wood are in the box)

so i mean, just use left over 3/4 MDF ? but does it have to be tightened down by anything, or just throw it in and leave it

so i mean, just use left over 3/4 MDF ? but does it have to be tightened down by anything, or just throw it in and leave it
2x4's are a good cheap choice. But you can use the left over MDF. just for testing purposes there will be no need to secure it. Unless you plan on Off-roading during the test.

If you choose to use the baby or kitten you will want to secure it with superglue before testing. For their saftey of course:D

2x4's are a good cheap choice. But you can use the left over MDF. just for testing purposes there will be no need to secure it. Unless you plan on Off-roading during the test.
If you choose to use the baby or kitten you will want to secure it with superglue before testing. For their saftey of course:D
yeah, i think MDF is easier to use, plus i can just use 3/4 slabs of it and just cut it into small squares. for example: .75" x 8" x 8" then divide that into 1728 to get the cu.ft total that it would take up. then minus the current volume and that would give me my NEW NET volume.

i think its right calculations???

or you can just use soda bottles with the cap on.

thats way eaiser //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

becaus you already have the volume //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I suggest using foam blocks which you can get at a craft store like Michael's or Hobby Lobby. It is easy to cut to the required volume and easy to stick down (dab of silicone) once you decide on your preferred Qtc.

or you can just use soda bottles with the cap on.
thats way eaiser //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

becaus you already have the volume //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
sorry req for the stupid question, but this bottle tric,k is that for real or supposed to be a joke? im not sure. i mean wouldnt bottles bounce around inside?

also, the foam block idea would be good. coz the MDF would make the box heavier

just take a dab of hot glue and glue the bottle to the box. maybe even some chewing gum, or a load of semen.

yea dude, im serious - weigh practically nothing - and it will take up virtually exactally 2L, or 16oz, or whatever size you got.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.