Pyle Driver Subwoofer

Participant count
  • Participant list

Al_17

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello, I have a 15” Pyle Driver subwoofer but I cannot find what wattage it is anywhere online. The model is a MM1540 if that helps. If anyone knows what the wattage is or where I could find out what it is, I would greatly appreciate it so I know what power amp and wiring I need to buy.
Thank you very much.

Hello, I have a 15” Pyle Driver subwoofer but I cannot find what wattage it is anywhere online. The model is a MM1540 if that helps. If anyone knows what the wattage is or where I could find out what it is, I would greatly appreciate it so I know what power amp and wiring I need to buy.
Thank you very much.
Got a pic of the front of the sub and of the back of the magnet... could help match it up.

Thank you very much.
You sure it's not Polk Audio? If so that's easy to find under that model number, it's 425w

Need more details about it. Photo would be good too.

Can probably trust this guy, 110 watts guitar amp. He doesn't mention the ohms, but I expect 8. Do you have access to a multimeter? It will measure between 5 and 6 ohms if it's 8 ohms impedance.

Ok, would a regular car audio amp still work on it?
It will still work, theoretically at half the power but in reality probably not exactly half. You'll want to use ohms law to set it up but the manufacturers will give you no guidance on 8ohm ratings. I expect an amp capable of 240W at 4 ohms is enough. It's very old apparently. Is the cone in good enough condition to bother with?

It is 8ohms. So all I need is a 110w or more amp?
It is a guitar amplifier speaker 100%. I WOULD NOT use it in the car. I would put it in a guitar amp, learn to play guitar with it and become a rock star bedding thousands of women. Unless you'd rather play some low output bass in your car. It will vibrate but it won't shake the car too much or sound that good as a sub. A midbass maybe.

It is 8ohms. So all I need is a 110w or more amp?
You'd need a ~240W RMS @ 4 ohms amplifier. I'm with these guys though, I think it's not a very good car subwoofer to base any purchase on. One because it's very old, two because the ohms are higher than rated, three because it's low power, four because it's for guitars, and five because it's not a particularly high quality or value speaker.

Wow, that's a genuine antique. Pyle used to make some decent equipment long long ago, but a woofer for a guitar or PA cab is absolutely not fit for a subwoofer.

Please do not try to use that in a car or for subwoofer duty. Virtually any driver designed to be a subwoofer will outperform that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.