PWX 6.5 Installation Help

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hey guys Ill be installing a PwX 6.5 in each of my doors factory location in my 09 escalade. Ill be removing the grilles unless they will fit with them still on. But will they fit in the stock mounting hole? Anyone have a similar situation? Also their RTS-1 silk dome tweeters..are they 8ohm? 4 0hm? Cant find that info on any sites even theirs. Sent em an email still waiting to hear back. And if anyone knows where the included crossovers for those tweeters are set to thatd be greatly appreciated.

All input welcome! Thanks.

Tweeters are 4 ohm.

The PWX 6's need a 5 3/4" cutout, so the should "fit" in the stock hole, but the mounting depth may be too deep depending on your door. May need to have a spacer ring to mount them up, I did in my Blazer. Also, make sure you test fit them with the window down... nothing like getting everything in and not being able to roll the window all the way down, lol.

Tweeters are 4 ohm.
The PWX 6's need a 5 3/4" cutout, so the should "fit" in the stock hole, but the mounting depth may be too deep depending on your door. May need to have a spacer ring to mount them up, I did in my Blazer. Also, make sure you test fit them with the window down... nothing like getting everything in and not being able to roll the window all the way down, lol.
Thanks for the reply, i found diagrams online and theres a little more than 5" depth in my doors, couldnt find the factory cutout size but drilling new screw holes is not a problem for me....Ill keep in mind the thing about my window rolling down in mind. Also what are you running power wise to them??

Will be running them on 2 channels of a SS Rubicon 4.600, 2 on each channel at 2 ohm, so around 75w to each... I may run them 1 on each channel at 4 ohm if I need a little more power to each (100w each or so) put I think they will be fine...

PA style mids tend to need a little more power than standard mids, to really make them shine. Depending on the rest of your setup, you may need more than 50w to get the most out of them. They are safe on 150w+ of clean power, so no real chance of overpowering them unless you get real crazy, lol...

PA style mids tend to need a little more power than standard mids, to really make them shine. Depending on the rest of your setup, you may need more than 50w to get the most out of them. They are safe on 150w+ of clean power, so no real chance of overpowering them unless you get real crazy, lol...
Ok now I'll be putting them on my brothers RF 4 channel, puts out about 85 per channel at 4 ohm which works for me. I knew they can take way more than that but I dont need to much more than that for my needs. Atleast for now.. My rts-1's are going on my rf 2 channel 40 rms per channel under-rated, and as for subs, I have my 2 AQ 15's on 3k, hit a 144.2 @36hz.. Just want nice loud clear mids and highs to keep up n then some.. I should be fine right?

Sounds pretty good to me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Love that you went with the RTS's instead of the FT1's. Think you will be much happier with the silk domes. May need a second pair with 2 15's and 3k, but depends on your crossover points and other processing...

Im going to be running 2 15" Adire/Sundown/PSI customs on a Rub1.2500 at 1 ohm. I have 2 sets of RTS's, pair of FaitalPRO 4's, 4 PWX 6's and was planning on 4 PWX 8's but think that going to change to 2 PWX 10's, as I cant fit all 4 8's where I want, lol. I have a RF 3sixty.2 for crossover/processing, but may try out the Soundstream Harmony or Symphony just to keep it the same as the amps...

Sounds pretty good to me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif
Love that you went with the RTS's instead of the FT1's. Think you will be much happier with the silk domes. May need a second pair with 2 15's and 3k, but depends on your crossover points and other processing...

Im going to be running 2 15" Adire/Sundown/PSI customs on a Rub1.2500 at 1 ohm. I have 2 sets of RTS's, pair of FaitalPRO 4's, 4 PWX 6's and was planning on 4 PWX 8's but think that going to change to 2 PWX 10's, as I cant fit all 4 8's where I want, lol. I have a RF 3sixty.2 for crossover/processing, but may try out the Soundstream Harmony or Symphony just to keep it the same as the amps...
Yeah I like silk domes better honestly.. And where I'll have them is pretty close to my head but I was already planning on another set down the road 2 per channel at 2 ohm on my 2 channel get ~45rms each. And for crossovers for the tweets I'm using the ones included..do you know where they are set at? Can't wait til pwx back in stock so I can start all this haha

I remember emailing them that question, but I can't find the response... I am pretty sure its 3.5khz HPF...
Sounds like that's a pretty standard crossover point from what I've seen online. That and 5khz..... Happen to have any pics of your blazer ud like to share?

Its going together now... there's a build log going here...
Should have some more updates by the end of the week...
One more question I have, (just added the second set of rts's to my cart haha), are you running each on their own crossover?? I'm confused how to wire each set down to 2ohm with their xovers for my 2 channel... Thanks!

Im running active, using a Soundstream Harmony DSP/EQ, so not using the passive crossovers that cam with them...

but yes, if you are going to use the supplied crossovers, run each one on its own inline crossover and bridge them at the amp, 2 per channel... if you were to run 2 tweeters on one crossover it would change the crossover freq...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.