Putting subs into a mustang, battery questions and more.

Participant count
  • Participant list

DrTre5189
10+ year member

I recently got a 2010 Mustang and I want to put my old subs/amp into it. I have two 12 inch TNT American Bass subwoofers as well as the American Bass 2500 watt Phantom amplifier. So I am going to be pushing a lot of power but I will probably keep the gain down relatively low since it is a system coming from a Grand Cherokee to a Mustang. In the Jeep I had the big 3 upgrade as well as a high output alternator. I would like to avoid getting a new alternator for the Mustang if possible.

However, the last time I went to the Ford dealership they told me that my battery was getting low. So I plan to get a new battery as well as the big 3 upgrade for the system. I've looked at kinetik batteries before and don't know if I should be looking into that brand or something else. I also have no clue what size batteries will fit into my mustang or how much power the battery should be rated for if I am going to be pushing a 1000 watt system and I have the Shaker 500 system currently in my vehicle as well. Basically, what battery brand should I be looking into that is affordable and reliable and will fit in my car while also providing the right amount of power? Thanks for any help.

My stock 2000 mustang with the Mach460 pushes a 1700rms amp without problems.

Im sure the 2010 can handle more, try and run it and see you have any voltage drop before throwing any money into the electrical.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.