New Alpine?

supereikenator
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
So I have been hearing various sorts of things praising the new series of Type R's and S', would anyone say the SQ is awesome on them? And are they the best in the price range? The R's are around $140 and from what I've heard about them they are well worth it. The S' are around $110. How would they compare to a Fi SSD or SSA GCON? My goals are SQ with the ability to get loud, will be run off a CT 900.1, box size isn't an issue either.

I'd like to know also. I just got one and will be hooking it up this week. I have mine sealed in about .8 and will be shooting 800 to it at 1 ohm.

It does seem like a great value at $139.

I have used the type R subs in many setups for my customers and i have to say each time I use them I am impressed. Teir performance and tight actuate bass makes me keep coming back to them as a choice. I consider myself a bit of a SQ nut and i have to say i love their type r subs.

I had two of them in 10 inch (SWR-10D4) and i must say i absolutely LOVED them... i actually really miss them. they look fantastic and they get loud and they sound REALLY clean doing it. i would definately recommend them to everyone who wants the best performance for the price. only reason why i sold them was because I wanted the SSA XCON subwoofer that ive been dying for and got it for a great deal on black friday

I had two of them in 10 inch (SWR-10D4) and i must say i absolutely LOVED them... i actually really miss them. they look fantastic and they get loud and they sound REALLY clean doing it. i would definately recommend them to everyone who wants the best performance for the price. only reason why i sold them was because I wanted the SSA XCON subwoofer that ive been dying for and got it for a great deal on black friday
Awesome! How would you say they compare to a Fi SSD or GCON?

I have used the type R subs in many setups for my customers and i have to say each time I use them I am impressed. Teir performance and tight actuate bass makes me keep coming back to them as a choice. I consider myself a bit of a SQ nut and i have to say i love their type r subs.

Sweet! Nice builds. I'm guessing they don't need huge boxes? How would one T-Line?

type r used to be the shit around here.
Yep, mega forum boner. They're great for getting loud super cheap but if quality is a concern I'd go elsewhere...

Also yes I've ran them in the past, I joined right around the boner time and was definitely part of it, haha.

my 12 inch type R liked every enclosure it was in, frequency response was pretty decent all around. They got decently loud too and ate whatever power i threw at them, I really dont know why i sold it, it was a solid sub, i would run them again if given a chance.

i dont care what any of you guys say the new type r sounds fantastic for what it is. it gets loud and hits the frequencies like it should... it sounded great on rock songs with the drums and bass and played them very well and clean. with my crescendo bc2000 it was really phenominal for the price. as for the GCON, i have no idea i never heard any of SSA's subwoofers, hell i have an SSA 12" XCON in my room right now never been powered on yet cuz im waiting to get my radio in my car and a box built for it.

trust me with a good amp and a good ported box the alpine type r's will not dissapoint. alot of my friends have JL, kicker, rockford, sundown and i like my subs the most. although my cousin has 2 JL w6 subwoofers sealed and we had a head to head competition and his 12 JLw6 definately sounded better... those W6's are AWESOME SQ

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.