Sony XAV-AX1000 suddenly stopped putting out audio

Participant count
  • Participant list

adriansarajlic

CarAudio.com Newbie
NC
I’m a bit of a noob when it comes to car audio so about a year and a half ago I bought a car that’s been quite a piece of work. Previous owner stripped the entire audio system besides wiring so I bought a head unit (Sony XAV-AX1000) and some speakers and did what I could but after finishing up I had no audio. My boss knows all about car audio so I had him take a look at my work and found out there used to be an aftermarket amp installed so all the current wiring ran to that but of course since it was no longer there I wouldn’t get an audio so he showed me a little work around to rewire the speakers directly to the head unit since I don’t have any subs and the head units amp had enough power to work with just the door speakers. Once I did that I had no issues ever again until 2 days ago I was in the car and made a 15 minute stop and once I got back in the car and got on the road again I noticed I wasn’t getting any audio anymore whatsoever. Nothing out of the ordinary happened at all and every article/thread I read about issues with this unit is about people not getting audio directly after installing but I can’t find anything about suddenly losing audio. Someone please help

Is your head unit still getting power?

Did you try other sources, bluetooth, fm, am, (are you sure you didn't change a setting?)

Turn bluetooth off and try a different source.

If you have a multimeter you can check for AC voltage at the speaker terminals.

You can also try to disconnect the battery for an hour and see if something resets.

I’m a bit of a noob when it comes to car audio so about a year and a half ago I bought a car that’s been quite a piece of work. Previous owner stripped the entire audio system besides wiring so I bought a head unit (Sony XAV-AX1000) and some speakers and did what I could but after finishing up I had no audio. My boss knows all about car audio so I had him take a look at my work and found out there used to be an aftermarket amp installed so all the current wiring ran to that but of course since it was no longer there I wouldn’t get an audio so he showed me a little work around to rewire the speakers directly to the head unit since I don’t have any subs and the head units amp had enough power to work with just the door speakers. Once I did that I had no issues ever again until 2 days ago I was in the car and made a 15 minute stop and once I got back in the car and got on the road again I noticed I wasn’t getting any audio anymore whatsoever. Nothing out of the ordinary happened at all and every article/thread I read about issues with this unit is about people not getting audio directly after installing but I can’t find anything about suddenly losing audio. Someone please help
Did the articles on issues with this unit not getting audio directly after installing, have any fixes. Is it possible that you are experiencing the same issue? Just a thought.....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...