Pulling out 8 gauge wire for bigger cable; necessary?

wey

A few years back I had 8 gauge wire ran from my battery (with an inline fuse close by) through my firewall back to my trunk where the goods are. I have the + 8 gauge wire ran straight to a capacitor, and from the capacator there are two 8 gauge wires ran to (a) HiFonics 1000.d amp for 4ohm sub and (b) Kenwood 130 watt amp for my 6x9.

There is NEVER heat issues even when the volume is cranked for a period of 2+ hours. My lights barely dim even.

(Pontiac G6)

NOW...

I want to upgrade my HiFonics amp to something double that power. Would I be able to add an extra battery in the trunk and directly wire the + to that battery, then have the capacitor comming off that battery going to both amps WITHOUT having to upgrade the thickness of the 8 gauge? REALISTICALLY SPEAKING

toss the cap. run 0g once so you will never have to worry about it again, and add another battery in the back... also do the big 3 upgrade if you havent yet

keep the 8 guage in car you might wanna run a door speaker amp in future keep it might come in handy
That would be redundant if he runs 1/0ga back to a battery, he could just hook into the battery terminals.

OP, ditch the 8ga and sell the cap, get 1/0ga, do the Big 3, and enjoy.

I had one of the HF 1000.1 D it calls for min 4 ga wire regardless. If you had larger wire you could have saved loot by not buying Cap. My advice use the 8 to pull either a string or the new wire in.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.