wiring up a system with factory amp please help

Participant count
  • Participant list
Ok I want to upgrade my stereo in a 2006 Honda civic ex coupe with the factory premium 7 speaker stereo without navi. I want to keep the stock deck but want to upgrade stereo I'm thinking at first just using the factory amp to run the miss and highs and just upgrading the speakers temporary then adding a 4 channel later but I want to go ahead and add a sub amp with factory amp now I'm considering buying a Audiocontrol lc7i to integrate it all instead of a cheap loc now I'm needing help with how to wire this up? Should I just use the sub output wire from the factory amp to use on lc7i high level input to just run the sub amp? Then with a 4 channel amp would I have to bypass the factory amp or could I just leave it hooked up from deck then use the mids and high output wires out of factory amp to lc7i? I will eventually run new speaker wire for 4 channel Please help

LC7i is a good idea. Go with it.

I would wire it like this:

Initially use the factory sub output into the LC7 high level input and wire your new sub & amp in.

When you are ready to upgrade the rest of the system, then remove the factory amp and use the factory differential outputs straight from the head unit to connect the LC7 inputs. In theory this should give you a cleaner signal (no color from the factory amp) and the LC7 should have plenty of gain to drive your new amp even with the lower level differential outputs from the factory HU.

I agree that is a nice piece. you can use it on the outputs from the factory sub amp but you will battle losing some signal because the factory sub out is filtered for the factory sub. ideally, you want full range signals into the LC7i that are free of factory EQ and filtering. that means intercepting the signals BEFORE the factory amp.

you can intercept all four channels, or just the front two. for now, you can tap the wires, but once you get a decent 4 channel amp you will unplug the factory amp harnesses.

I agree that is a nice piece. you can use it on the outputs from the factory sub amp but you will battle losing some signal because the factory sub out is filtered for the factory sub. ideally, you want full range signals into the LC7i that are free of factory EQ and filtering. that means intercepting the signals BEFORE the factory amp.
you can intercept all four channels, or just the front two. for now, you can tap the wires, but once you get a decent 4 channel amp you will unplug the factory amp harnesses.
^^^ I completely agree. I thought the under-seat Honda sub had it's own amp built in (separate from the door speakers amp), so I was imagining you would unplug the feed to the sub and re-route it to the LC7. In any case, I agree - pull the feeds from the HU output, not the factory amp outputs.

Ok thanks guys yea I'm going to start with like jeplan said just running a lc7i for a sub amp then add a 4 channel amp later so would it be fine to just take the sub out wires from factory amp to run my sub amp from lc7 then ill disconect factory amp input from hu and splice in the high low wires? The hu on these doesn't have a sub wire till after factory Amp what would I do then for the lows

Also like u said would I be able to just tap into the wires before factory amp so I could keep it for highs at first? Would this help the sound of factory amp to?
tapping the signal will not change the sound of the factory amp/speakers.

Also would I be able to just wire the lc7i to my amp power and ground for 12 volt or should I also tap into the hu harness 12 volt and ground wire
you can get power and ground from the amp power location, be sure to fuse the wire appropriately

Ok so ill tap into hu speaker wires before factory amp but ill probably have to run long wire to the trunk where I want to mount the lc7i because the factory amp is under the shifter in the front and I don't have room for lc7i under console and ill just run a jumper wire to new sub amp power and ground right? Also the lc7i has a remote turn on signal so I can just run a remote jumper to new amp for remote turn on? Would this work by just jumping from new sub amp from the power to turn on lc7i or will I need to run a wire for power and ground from hu harness tap? I was asking if the lc7i will help the factory amp sound also my sending a flat signal or eq to it also thanks

This is what my wiring looks like how would I wire for subs at the harness since it doesn't have a sub wire till after amp also tweeters don't either

:Radio Harness

+12V DC Constant White

Switchedd Accessory Violet

Ground Black

Power Antenna Gray

Remote Turn On Light Blue

Illumintation Red/Black or Gray

Left Front + Light Green

Left Front - Pink

Right Front + Gray

Right Front - Brown

Left Rear + Yellow

Left Rear - Brown

Right Rear + Blue

Right Rear - Orange

:Amplifier Outputs

Remote Turn On Light Blue

Left Front Mid + Light Green

Left Front Mid - Pink

Right Front Mid + Gray

Right Front Mid - Brown

Left Rear Mid + Yellow

Left Rear Mid - Brown

Right Rear Mid + Blue

Right Rear Mid - Orange

Subwoofer 1 + Green

Subwoofer 1 - Red

:At Speakers

Left Front Tweeter + Red

Left Front Tweeter - Green

Right Front Tweeter + Pink

Right Front Tweeter - Blue

Actually do you think I could get by with just running a audiocontrol lcq-1 instead of a lc7i so I could have a eq to adjust the sound for my factory amp and just upgrading the factory speakers? I'm on a budget right now just trying to decide which way to start? I'm wondering if I was to just do this for now it would make the sound better would I still need to tap the hu harness before factory amp or after amp since I wouldn't be running a aftermarket amp at first do these processors help sound even if you don't run rcas to new amps

Actually do you think I could get by with just running a audiocontrol lcq-1 instead of a lc7i so I could have a eq to adjust the sound for my factory amp and just upgrading the factory speakers? I'm on a budget right now just trying to decide which way to start? I'm wondering if I was to just do this for now it would make the sound better would I still need to tap the hu harness before factory amp or after amp since I wouldn't be running a aftermarket amp at first do these processors help sound even if you don't run rcas to new amps
the LC7i or LCQ-1 will only help with speakers that are externally amplified (the audio signal needs to pass through the device for it to have an effect). upgrading all of the speakers and providing amplifiers for them is the approach for improving sound quality. note that it's more involved than simply swapping speakers and some custom work is required to replicate factory seals.

yes, the LCQ-1 would be a fine choice to give you some control over your sound while also interfacing between the stock headunit and amplifiers. you would still tap before the factory amplifier for the lowest distortion signal.

when doing systems in phases i will START with speaker upgrades and an amplifier for the speakers. That way musical quality is improved first. Then I will add a sub and sub amp later to further enhance the system. my recommendation is the LCQ-1 with new front speakers (front components) and a 4 channel amp. you can wait to upgrade the rears and keep them off of the stock amp for now that way you can fully invest in the best front speakers you can afford.

Thanks for the info man yea that's actually what I'm going to do invest in a 4 channel and speakers first and run the sub off the factory amp for now till I can get a sub amp and better subs thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.