Need A LOT of help with installing 2 (JL Audio 10W3V3-2) subs!

Some info on the subs:

10" 2-ohm subwoofer

mineral-filled polypropylene cone with nitrile-butylene rubber surround

power range: 100-500 watts RMS

peak power handling: 1000 watts

frequency response: 25-250 Hz

sensitivity: 85.37 dB

Alright, I'm BRAND NEW to audio system installation.

I plan on installing 2 (JL Audio 10W3V3-2) subs.

I need to know what amp would be able to power these subs,

& pretty much everything else I'll need along with them,

& anything else I need to know.

My brother has some experience in installing & did his own,

But I'd like advice from others.

Help?

P.S.

I have a 98 Altima

your going to need a 1000 rms at 2 ohms some speaker wire, and an amp install kit.
Wouldn't it be safer to go for 1500 RMS since it's gonna be 2 subs? Or 2000 since they peek at 1000? or does that not matter?

Also, they're dual coil. Not too sure if that makes a difference in what I shouldget

Wouldn't it be safer to go for 1500 RMS since it's gonna be 2 subs? Or 2000 since they peek at 1000? or does that not matter? Also, they're dual coil. Not too sure if that makes a difference in what I shouldget
the model number you list means they are Dual 2 ohm so both of them wired in series will get you 2 ohm final impedance, if you wire them parallel, your going to get 0.5 ohm impedance. and no they are only rated for 100-500 rms each and they are rated quite accurately, anymore than that, your going to seriously have to lower the gain knob. If money's no issue, just get 1000 rms constant power JL or rockford amp and call it a day. Or get a sundown SAZ1200 since that amp can handle 0.5 ohm loads but your going to need the big 3 upgrade if your going for this option.

Currently looking at the SONY MEX-BT3100P head unit.

Between the jx1000 & saz-1200d, is the saz the better choice?

I'm looking at the specs at the moment & it seems so, but I could be wrong.

Dont look at sonys headunits try alpine pioneer and kenwood.

and the saz1200d is a really good amp and is likely better than the jx in every way possible. For one itll put out more power

[quote name='Moving.Nationz']Will do.

I figured. I'm just trynna figure out what he meant by having to do the big 3 update for that setup[/QUOTE]

Increase Car Audio Power 25% - How To Install Big Three Upgrade - Easy 15 Volt Stereo System Big 3 - YouTube there you go too lazy to type. Also this is Car audio, not windows 8, its in upgrade not an update lol.
@mylows10 ; he can put together a good big 3 kit for you pretty cheap.

Remember, dont remove any factory wiring, your just adding bigger wire on top of everything. This beefs up your charging system and keeps your voltages high. With low voltages in the low 12s or under your asking for blown equipment in the future. Be sure to invest in a digital multi-meter

if you like music, add new speakers and a 4 channel amp to the list. if you just want bass to overpower the music and destroy the rear deck speakers then you are on the right track. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

with the head unit you will need a wiring harness and mounting kit. Metraonline.com will let you see what fits your car.

you will need tools to do the work (drills, socket set, DMM, etc.).

the amp install kit will not have enough wire to do the big 3 also. a second amp install kit can help with that since you want to fuse the alt to batt + wire anyway. some install kits include speaker wire and RCA's. you'll need at least one set of RCA's from head unit to amp so get a good kit. Rockford Fosgate makes some nice kits. You get what you pay for.

I was already planning on getting some speakers, but do I really need an for them? They're 6.5's

& also, would that be a separate amp?

As for the big 3, I contacted someone about building one for me.

& as for the head unit, thanks for the info

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.