Psi vs. dd audio recone kit?

sharkman

poor bass head
So I'm trying to recone a 18 inch dd motor . The box size is 9.2 cubic feet and tuned at 32 in my 90 bronco...as far as power I'm not sure yet.. I was thinking a brx 2400 and a xs d3400

This is from psi

>The estimated cost to build a recone kit using the extremely oversized Z series surround, a flatwound XL voice coil, 4 spiders, and dual sewn lead wire with 8gauge direct connect wiring would be $200.

>

>-----Original Message-----

>From: Dantone sharkey [mailto:Dantonesharkey55@gmail.com]

>Sent: Saturday, September 06, 2014 10:28 AM

>To: info@fixmyspeaker.com

>Subject: FixMySpeaker Service Request - (1) DD audio 9500 18 inch Dual

This is from dd

The tuning on that is perfectly fine. *The 9512 I run daily is tuned at 30hz, and has been for quite some time. *You're enclosure is on the large side, we typically recommend using our 18's in 5-7 cubic feet per driver.

We would ask that the driver be sent in for service. *There are lots of small changes made in these older DD models. *We ask that they be sent to us for recone so that we can insure that all the new 2014 parts fit into your 13 year old woofer. *Basic rebuild at the DD facility is only $330. *You'll get our newest 8 spoke basket to give you a larger spider landing for improved excursion and linearity. *That $330 will also include the shipping back to you. *If you want to get one loaded, we can build them up quite a bit. *We can add full carbon diaphragm and dust cap, we can change the spider composition to a stiffer pack to work better in the enclosure you're using, we can do full reinforcements on all the joints attaching to the former to make the driver stronger, or we can also add a flat wind aluminum voice coil. *If you check all the proverbial boxes, your in house recone can run upwards of $1050.

The only limitations are the ones you set //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif*

Aaron Trimble

Digital Designs

1141 NW 1st St.

Oklahoma City, OK, 73106

405-239-2800

@ Jeff will the 2 listed send out a recone kit

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

I asked for a high surround for looks thanks

may be reccomending the big surround for the box size or tuning, or even goals you may have told him in the email. Id go with psi. the way i look at it is, if it didnt work out the first time, why waste money putting the same parts back in.i love my psi's, and the great customer service from david.

Well I dont no what happened to the sub the first or 2nd time around. I know that I would want the best for the money . Is it hard to do a recone? The 330 from dd is temping but I do want to keep looking....from I hear I can give the sub up to 3k which seems pretty low.....then I have the problem of which amp to run....the brx 2400 seems cool but better amps handle rise better and stay closer or over the rated rms

Yea that won't be happening. $800 for 2400 watts.......I can get a sq2200 for half. I would love to see someone compare a Brx vs. sq2200. Just want to see how thaT would turn out....from what I hear the brx does rated until you give it a load...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea that won't be happening. $800 for 2400 watts.......I can get a sq2200 for half. I would love to see someone compare a Brx vs. sq2200. Just want to see how thaT would turn out....from what I hear the brx does rated until you give it a load...
I did a direct swap with a friend's aq2200, clear difference in power output and efficiency. Volts didnt go down as much but the bass was a bit louder and way cleaner/clearer sounding lows. Didn't do any clamp tests, just the good ol ear-o meter and the windshield flex o meter.

Yup brutus amps only do okay on amp dyno at the dynamic burst. Would not pay full retail for them.. the brx 2400 is realistically only a 1.8 to 2k amp on a soft clip dont expect much out of them and have real expectations if you do run them, they will make sure you have your battery bank beefed up thats for sure.

You are looking at MSRP. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wallbash.gif.1310150c49dd52e0fbe1813a0681e5c3.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.