Protection mode???

Participant count
  • Participant list

Kbelknapk

So today my almost brand new kenwood excelon x500-1 went into protection mode. After checking the ground, fuses and unplugging all wires except for the power and ground the problem still proceeded. I went and bought a brand new kicker dx1000.1 and the same thing is still happening?

Does any one have any other ideas?

My 4 Chanel amp is on the same spot but the other side of the car and its fine. My system has been working fine for a week now lol this is the first problem I've had with it.

My 4 Chanel amp is on the same spot but the other side of the car and its fine. My system has been working fine for a week now lol this is the first problem I've had with it.
So no paint on the ground tied directly into your frame ?

Just cause its on a 4 channel doesn't mean it's right....

I have 4 gauge running to the back of the car and a splitter sends 8 gauge to both of my amps (my 4 Chanel and my mono block). Both amps are grounded under my back seat to the frame in identical locations on opposite sides of car. The 4 Chanel amplifier is working fine but I've tried 3 different amps now where my mono block goes and they all immediately go into protection :/

I have 4 gauge running to the back of the car and a splitter sends 8 gauge to both of my amps (my 4 Chanel and my mono block). Both amps are grounded under my back seat to the frame in identical locations on opposite sides of car. The 4 Chanel amplifier is working fine but I've tried 3 different amps now where my mono block goes and they all immediately go into protection :/
Might be to much power to split off one run of 4 gauge try undoing the splitter run 4 gauge directly to sub amp see if it stays on then you'll know forsure

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.