Rear Car Speakers Not Working. Pics Included. Wiring Problem?

Participant count
  • Participant list

irish-sid

Hello. I've just bought a Renault second hand and there was no CD player in the car. I took my one out of my old car. Radio works as do the front speakers, but that's it. Rear speakers don't work, neither does the radio controls on the steering wheel.

There's a spare yellow plug but can't see where it goes.

There is a CD changer in the back (which I'm not bothered about as I'll only be using a jack from my phone) - but if that got working too then all the better.

Can anyone offer some advice please?

I can provide bigger pics if needed.

Check the fade setting on your head unit, it might be set to front only.You'll need an adapter to use steering wheel controls.
Yeah, that was the first thing I tried, no go though. There are also speakers in the back.

I'll look into that adapter, cheers.

use a dmm and check for ac voltage at the rear speaker. if no voltage check voltage at your harness adapter. make sure the rears are not turned of within the HU. visibly check wire from HU to speakers

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.